ISO 55001 STANDART IN ASSET MANAGEMENT AND THE ROLE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
How to Cite
Asset management is an area of reseach which isimportant for any business that desires to obtain value from assets, and it has become an international standard with the ISO 55000 Asset Management Standard Series published in 2014. With the developing technology, assets reached high material values and resulted in significant investments for businesses. Therefore using assets effectively during their lifecycles has become a necessity for sustainable businesses. In this study, importance of asset management standards and the role of information technologies in managing related processes have been discussed in detail by conducting a comprehensive literature review. Considering that the ISO 55000 standard series are still very recent and there are limited number of companies with certification in Turkey, the study contributes to asset management literature bu simultaneously handling both the systems and information technology perspectives.
- AASHTO (2013), Transportation Asset Management Guide A focus on implemantation., FHWA-HIF-13-047, Washington: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials.
- APTA (2013), Defining a Transit Asset Management Framework to Achieve a State of Good Repair., APTA SGR-TAM-RP-002-13, Washington: American Public Transportation Association.
- Baskarada, S., Gao, J., Koronios, A. (2006), Agile Maturity Model Approach to Assessing and Enhancing the Quality of Asset Information in Engineering Asset Management Information Systems. 9th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS) May 31 - June 2, 2006, Klagenfurt, Austria, 486-500.
- Bo, D. B. (2015), Application of the ISO 55000 Suite for a Land-Based Industrial Organization, Master’s Thesis, Faculty of Science and Technology University of Stavanger, Stavanger.
- Buçukoğlu, O., Bökeer, N. (2009, 22 Ekim). Varlık Yönetimi Akıllı Dünya için Akıllı Varlıklar. IBM Yazılım Zirvesi İstanbul. Erişim tarihi: 20 Nisan 2016, ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/pdf/tr/events/yazılım
- Campbell, J. D., ve Jardine A. K. S. (2001). Maintenance Excellence Optimizing Equipment Life-Cycle Decisions. Ohio: CRC Press
- CEDR (2016), Implementatıon Guıde For An ISO 55001 Asset Management System, Conferance of Europen Directors of Roads.
- Chandima R. M., Markeset, T. (2012). Asset integrity management for sustainable industrial operations: measuring the performance. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering Volume 5, 145-158.
- Davis, R. (2012), An Introduction to Asset Management A simple but informative introduction to the management of physical assets, Chester: The Institute of Asset Management (IAM).
- Elhakeem, A., Hegazy, T. (2010). Building asset management with deficiency tracking and integrated life cycle optimisation. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering Maintenance, Management, Life-Cycle Design and Performance Volume 8, 729-738.
- FHWA (1999), Asset Management Primer, Washington: Federal Highway Administration.
- FHWA (2007), Asset Management Overview, FHWA-IF-08-008, Washington:Federal Highway Administration.
- FTA (2013), Transit Asset Management, FTA-2011-004-TPM, Washington: Federal Transit Administration.
- FTA (2012), Asset Management Guide Focusing on the management of our transit investments, FTA-2011-002-TRI, Washington: Federal Transit Administration.
- FTA (2015), Transit Asset Management (TAM) Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM), FTA-2014-0020, Washington: Federal Transit Administration.
- FTA (2016), Asset Management Guide for Small Providers, Report No. 0092, Washington: Federal Transit Administration..
- Gaarenstroom, J. H. (2014), Impact of Asset Management Systems: A Sector Study Among Power and Gas Grid Operators, Master Thesis, Delft University of Technology Grontmij Nederland B.V., Delft.
- Galeano, B. J., Cuartas, D. J., Escobar N. J.(2013).Integrated Asset Management To Hospıtal Based On Physıcal Specıfıcatıons Pas 55 Standards. Pan Amerıcan Health Care Exchanges (PAHCE). Conference workshops, and exhibits cooperation, 29 Nisan-4 Mayıs 2013, Medellin, Colombia.
- Guler, H., Akad, M., Ergun, M. (2004), Railway Asset Management System in Turkey: A GIS Application. FIG Working Week. 22-27 Mayıs 2004, Athens, Greece.
- Guptill, R., Waaramaa, E. (2014, 5 Mart). Transit Asset Management Pilot Projects MBTA Initiatives & Lessons Learned. Federal Transit Administration Presentation. Erişim tarihi: 16 Mart 2016, https://www.transit.dot.gov/sites/fta.dot.gov/files/docs/TAM_-_MBTA_Briefing_for_FTA_3-5-2014.pdf
- Güvenç, S. (2015). ERP Nedir? Başarılı Bir ERP İmplementasyonu Nasıl Olur?. Türkiye Kurumsal Çözümler Rehberi 2015, 23
- Haider, W., Haider, A. (2013). Governance Structures for Engineering and Infrastructure Asset Management. Technology Management in the IT-Driven Services (PICMET), 28 Temmuz- 01 Ağustos 2013, San Jose, California
- Hastings, N. A. J. (2010). Physical Asset Management. Switzerland: Springer
- Hastings, N. A. J. (2015) Physical Asset Management With an Introduction to ISO55000. Switzerland: Springer
- Hodkiewicz, M.R., Pascual, R. (2006). Education in Engineering Asset Management – current trends and challenges. International Physical Asset Management Conference 28-31 Agustos 2006, Tehran, Iran
- Honert, A.F, Schoeman, J.S., Vlok, P.J.(2013). Correlatıng The Content And Context Of Pas 55 With The ISO 55000 Serıes. South African Journal of Industrial Engineering Vol 24(2), 24-32
- International Organization for Standards, (2014). ISO 55000: Asset Management, ISO 55001: Management Systems‒Requirements, ISO 55002: Management Systems‒Guidelines for the application of ISO 55001.
- İGDAŞ (2014). İGDAŞ 2014 Faaliyet Raporu, İstanbul Gaz Dağıtım Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi (İGDAŞ), Erişim tarihi: 18 Haziran 2016, http://www.igdas.istanbul/faaliyetraporlari
- Jonsson, B.(2010). Tam Quality-Related Accountıng, Easurements And Use In Road Management's Processes. Report 92. Stockholm: Royal Institute of Technology Kunliga Tekniska Hogskolan
- Jooste, J.L., Vlok, P.J. (2015). A Decision Support Model To Determıne The Critical Success Factors Of Asset Management Servıces. South African Journal of Industrial Engineering May 2015 Vol 26(1), 27-43.
- Katicic, L., Lovrincevic, Z. (2012). Corporate Asset Management and survey in Croatian companies. Asset Management Conference Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) & Institute of Asset Management (IAM), 27-28 Kasım 2012, London, United Kingdom.
- Katicic L., Susnjar, I. (2011). Facility and Asset Management. 5th International Scientific Conference, 716-831
- Kersley, T., Sharp, A.J. (2014). The Asset Management Journey: A Case Study of Network Rail's Journey supported by an Excellence Model. Asset Management Conf, 27- 28 Kasım 2014, London
- Köroğlu, S. (2013). Kurumsal Varlık Yönetimi (EAM) ve ERP ile Arasındaki Farklar. Türkiye Kurumsal Çözümler Rehberi 2013, 43
- Krugler, P.E. (2006), Asset Management Texas Style (Report 0-5534-1). Texas Transportatıon Institute, Texas
- Leijten, M., Koppenjan, J. (2010). Asset Management for the Dutch Railway Infrastructure. Infrastructure Systems and Services: Next Generation Infrastructure Systems for Eco-Cities (INFRA), 3. Int. Conf., 11-13 Kasım 2010, Shenzhen, China
- Ma, Z, Zhou, L., Sheng, W. (2014). Analysis of The New Asset Management Standard ISO 55000 and PAS 55. China International Conference on Electricity Distribution (CICED), 23-26 Eylül 2014, Shenzhen, China
- Mardiasmo, D., Tywoniak, S., Brown, K., Burgess, K. (2008). Asset Management and Governance–An Analysis of Fleet Management Process Issues in an Asset-Intensive Organization. Infrastructure Systems and Services:Building Networks for a Brighter Future (INFRA), 1.Int. Conf, 10-12 Kasım 2008, Rotterdam
- Marijnen, M. (2014), Implementing the Asset Management approach, Master Thesis Delft University of Technology, Delft
- McKeon, P., Ramshaw, D. (2013). Implementing Enterprise Asset Management for Dummies. West Sussex: A John Wiley and Sons, Ltd, CGI Limited Edition
- Mehta, B.R., Reddy, Y.J. (2015). Industrial Process Automation Systems Design and implemantation, Massachusetts: Elsevier Inc.
- Minnaar, J.R., Basson W., Vlok, P.J. (2013). Quantıtatıve Methods Requıred For Implementıng Pas 55 or Iso 55000 Serıes For Asset Management. South African Journal of Industrial Engineering Vol 24 (3),98-111.
- Mohseni, M. (2003). What does Asset Management Mean To You?. Transmission and Distribution Conf./Expo., IEEE PES (Vol. 3), 7-12 Eylül 2003, Dallas, Texas
- Nguyen, K. L., Seow, K. S. (2016), Evolvement Of Power Utility Asset Management In Recent Years, Conference of the Electric Power Supply Industry (CEPSI), 23-27Ekim2016, Bangkok, Thailand
- Nordena, C., Hribernikb, K., Ghrairib, Z., Thobenb, K. D., Fugginic, C. (2013). New Approaches to Through-life Asset Management in the Maritime Industry. Procedia CIRP Volume 11, 434, 219 – 224
- Noyan, E. (2014). Varlık yönetimi ve güvenilirlik. Makine Magazin, 214, 85-94.
- OECD (2001), Asset Management for the Roads Sector, Transport, No: 51897 2001 Paris: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Publications Service
- Platfoot, R. A (2014). Improving the Delivery of Asset Management Across the Enterprise. Asset Management Conference, 27-28 Kasım 2014, London, United Kingdom.
- Roberts, C. (2012). Application of Asset Management to Railway Fleet – Best Practice Examples from Around the World. Asset Management Conference, 27-28 Kasım 2012, London, United Kingdom.
- Shahidehpour, M., Ferrero, R. (2005) Time management for assets: Chronical Strategies Power system asset management, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) power & energy magazine,Vol. 3, Issue:3, 32-38.
- Smith, Tracy S. (2014, 2 Şubat). ERP and EAM: Partners, Not Competitors. Erişim tarihi: 10 Haziran 2016, http://reliabilityweb.com/articles
- TRB (2013), Use of Transportation Asset Management Principles in State Highway Agencies - A Synthesis of Highway Practice, NCHRP SYNTHESIS Report 439, Washington: Transportation Research Board
- TRB (2014), Guidance for Developing a Transit Asset Management Plan, Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) Report 172, Washington: Transportation Research Board
- Vanier, D. J., Danylo, N. H. (1998). Municipal Infrastructure Investment Planning Asset Management. The American Public Works Association (APWA) International Public Works Congress, 14-17 Eylül 1998, Las Vegas, United States
- Wijnia, Y.C. (2009). Asset Management for Infrastructures in Fast Developing Countries, Infrastructure Systems and Services: Developing 21st Century Infrastructure Networks, (INFRA), 2. Int. Conference, 9-11 Aralık 2009, Chennai, India
- Winsor, J., Ramasubramanian, L., Adams, L., McNeil, S. (2003). TAM Today: An Evaluation of an Emerging Virtual Community of Practice. Mid-Continent Transportation Research Symposium, 21-22 Ağustos 2013, Lova, United States
- Woodhouse, J. (2014, Mart 17). Asset Management is growing up: Evolution of the discipline Core concepts Setting standards: PAS55 to ISO55000. The Instutue of Asset Management. Erişim tarihi: 19 Mart 2016, https://theiam.org/system/files/privatedownloads/1/assetmanagementisgrowingupiso55000transitionworkshop17-3-14.pdf