A RESEARCH ON TURKISH SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES’ ACTIVITIES IN MALAYSIA
How to Cite
Polat, R. (2014). A RESEARCH ON TURKISH SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES’ ACTIVITIES IN MALAYSIA. Business & Management Studies: An International Journal, 1(3), 281–301. https://doi.org/10.15295/bmij.v1i3.46
AbstractIt is undeniable fact that Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) plays important role in the economic development for all countries. In Malaysia, the SMEs represent more than 95% of the total business establishments; contribute more than 40% of the total output, more than 60% of total employment, and more than 45% of total value-added since year 2000. This study is an evaluation of the contribution of entrepreneurial competencies and business success in small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) which is Turkish origin entrepreneurs in the context of Malaysian economy. Through an empirical study of Turkish entrepreneurs in different sectors, this study explores the characteristics and attributes of Turkish entrepreneurs and their attitudes towards entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial process and post-start-up of business in Malaysia. We also explore the motives, locus of control, and demographic attributes of Turkish entrepreneurs.
Download data is not yet available.
- Asan Ali Golam Hassan. Ketidak Seimbangan Wilayah: Rantaian Sebab-Musabab Kumulatif. In Hasnah Ali (ed). PembangunanWilayah. Bangi: Penerbit UKM. 2009.
- Baycan-Levent, T., Kundak, S. (2009). Motivation and Driving Forces of Turkish Entrepreneurs in Switzerland, Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research, 22(3):283-308.
- Baum, J.R., Locke, E.A. and Smith, K.G. (2001). A Multidimensional Model of Venturegrowth, Academy of Management Journal, 44(2):292-303.
- Bird, B. (1997). Toward a Theory of Entrepreneurial Competency, in Katz, J.A. and Brockhaus, R.H. (Eds), Advances in Entrepreneurship, Firmemergence, and Growth, 2:51-72.
- Central Bank of Malaysia. (2010). SME Annual Report 2005. Retrieved July 7, 2007, from http://www.bnm.gov.my/index.php?ch=103&pg=456&ac=526&yr=2005 .
- Kiggundu, M.N. (2002). Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurship in Africa: What is Known and What Needs to be Done, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship,7(3), 239-58.
- Man, T.W.Y., Lau, T. (2005). The Context of Entrepreneurship in Hong Kong: an Investigation Throught Hepatterns of Entrepreneurial Competencies in Contrasting Industrial Environments, Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development,12(4), 464-81.
- Radient (2008). Background. Definition and Characteristics of SME in Malaysia. Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Annual Report 2007 http://www.bnm.gov.my/index.php?ch=en_publication_catalogue&pg=en_publication_smear&ac=66&yr=2007 Erişim: 13.12.2013.
- SMIDEC. (2002). SMI Development Plan (2001-2005), Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Berhad, Kuala Lumpur.