THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE RECOMMENDED SERVICE QUALITY VARIABLES AN EXAMPLE FROM ATATURK AIRPORT EXAMPLE
How to Cite
Passengers using the airports are getting more and more publicity of airport services, with comments on various platforms such as Skytrax, TripAdvisor and Google Rewievs. On these platforms, they can evaluate and rate various aspects of airport services. The main purpose of the study is to suggest the airport passengers' behavior to recommend the airport; the reasons for using the airport (transit, incoming-outgoing), travel purposes (holiday-work) and the quality of the perceived service quality variables. For this purpose, the evaluation scores obtained from www.airlinequality.com website were analyzed. The logistic regression model examines the perceived quality of service and how passengers are influenced by travel intentions and types, coded as categorical data such as recommending and advising travelers to recommend airport services. As a result of the analysis, it was found that there was a significant relationship between the seating areas in the airport, the directions of the guiding signs and the terminal staff variables and the behavior of the airport where the passengers were receiving service. It was determined that there was no significant relationship between the purpose of travel (work / holiday), reason for using the airport (incoming-outgoing / transit), time spent in the queue and cleaning of the terminal.
- Anderson, E. W., Fornell, C.,and Mazvancheryl, S. K. (2004), “Customer Satisfaction and Shareholder Value”, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 68 No. 4, pp. 172-185.
- Bezerra, G. C., and Gomes, C. F. (2015), “The Effects of Service Quality Dimensions and Passenger Characteristics on Passenger's Overall Satisfaction with An Airport”, Journal of Air Transport Management, 44, pp. 77-81.
- Bezerra, G. C. L., and Gomes, C. F. (2016), “Measuring Airport Service Quality: A Multidimensional Approach”, Journal of Air Transport Management, 53, pp. 85-93.
- Bogicevic, V., Yang, W., Bilgihan, A., and Bujisic, M. (2013), “Airport Service Quality Drivers of Passenger Satisfaction”, Tourism Review, Vol. 68 No. 4, pp. 3-18.
- Borille, G. M. R., and Correia, A. R. (2013), “A Method for Evaluating The Level of Service Arrival Components at Airports”, Journal of Air Transport Management, 27, pp. 5-10.
- Brida, J. G., Moreno-Izquierdo, L., and Zapata-Aguirre, S. (2016), “Customer Perception of Service Quality: The Role of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) at Airport Functional Areas”, Tourism Management Perspectives, 20, pp. 209-216.
- Correia, A. R., Wirasinghe, S. C., and de Barros, A. G. (2008a), “A Gobal Index for Level of Service Evaluation at Airport Passenger Terminals”, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Vol. 44 No. 4, pp. 607-620.
- Correia, A. R., Wirasinghe, S. C., and de Barros, A. G. (2008b), “Overall Level of Service Measures for Airport Passenger Terminals”, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Vol. 42 No.2, pp. 330-346.
- Crawford, G. and Melewar, T. C. (2003), “The Importance Of Impulse Purchasing Behaviour In The International Airport Environment”, Journal of Consumer Behaviour, Vol. 3 No.1, pp. 85–98.
- Çokluk, U. (2010), “Lojistik Regresyon Analizi: Kavram ve Uygulama”, Kuram ve Uygulamada Eğitim Bilimleri Dergisi, Cilt. 10 No. 3, s. 1359-1395.
- De Barros, A. G., Somasundaraswaran, A. K., and Wirasinghe, S. C. (2007), “Evaluation of Level of Service for Transfer Passengers at Airports”, Journal of Air Transport Management, Vol. 13 No. 5, pp. 293-298.
- Fodness, D., and Murray, B. (2007), “Passengers' Expectations of Airport Service Quality”, Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 21 No. 7, pp. 492-506.
- Gkritza, K., Niemeier, D. and Mannering, F. (2006), “Airport Security Screening and Changing Passenger Satisfaction: An Exploratory Assessment”, Journal of Air Transport Management, Vol. 12 No. 5, pp. 213–219.
- Kızgın, Y. ve Terzi, O (2017), “Bankacılık Sektöründe Çalışan Y Kuşağı Üyelerinin Girişimcilik Eğiliminin Ölçülmesi”, III. Uluslararası Girişimcilik, İstihdam ve Kariyer Kongresi, Cilt:1, s. 468-480.
- Martín-Cejas, R. R. (2006), “Tourism Service Quality Begins at The Airport”, Tourism Management, Vol. 27 No. 5, pp. 874-877
- Lee, K., and Yu, C. (2018), “Assessment of Airport Service Quality: A Complementary Approach to Measure Perceived Service Quality Based on Google Reviews”, Journal of Air Transport Management, 71, pp. 28-44.
- Oğuzlar, A. (2005), “Lojistik Regresyon Analizi Yardımıyla Suçlu Profilinin Belirlenmesi”, Atatürk Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Dergisi, Cilt. 19 No.1, s. 21-35.
- Pabedinskaitė, A., and Akstinaitė, V. (2014), “Evaluation of The Airport Service Quality”, Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 110, 398-409.
- Perng, S. W., Chow, C. C., and Liao, W. C. (2010), “Analysis of Shopping Preference and Satisfaction with Airport Retailing Products”, Journal of Air Transport Management, Vol. 16 No. 5, pp. 279-283.
- Şengür, F. K. (2017), “Havaalanı İşletmeciliğinde Yeni Eğilimler: Türkiye Üzerine Bir Değerlendirme”, International Journal of Management Economics & Business, Cilt. 13 No. 4, s. 751-766.
- Ürük, E. (2007), “İstatistiksel Uygulamalarda Lojistik Regresyon Analizi”, İstanbul: Marmara Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Yüksek Lisans Tezi.
- Wattanacharoensil, W., Schuckert, M., Graham, A., & Dean, A. (2017), “An Analysis of The Airport Experience from an Air Traveler Perspective”, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 32, 124-135.
- Yayar, R., Çoban, M. N., ve Tekin, B. (2015), “Otomobil Sahipliğini Etkileyen Değişkenlerin Belirlenmesi: Tokat İli Kentsel Alanda Bir Uygulama”, Yönetim ve Ekonomi: Celal Bayar Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi, Cilt. 22 No. 2, s. 603-617.