Cappadocia hotels’ website quality evaluation: A multi-criteria Intuitionistic Fuzzy EDAS (IF-EDAS) method application
- Otel Web Sitesi, Web Sitesi Kalitesi, Sezgisel Bulanık EDAS (IF-EDAS) Yöntemi, ÇKKV
- Hotel Website, Website Quality, Intuitionistic Fuzzy EDAS (IF-EDAS) Method, MCDM
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Eda ÇINAROĞLU- Fulya ZARALI
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The internet is becoming increasingly common worldwide, and the number of users is rapidly increasing. This condition offers up new business opportunities for online businesses. For online companies, high customer satisfaction corresponds with a competitive advantage. For this reason, it is vital to understand consumer expectations for services provided through corporate websites and assess the website quality from the customer's perspective. The primary goal of this research is to evaluate and rate the websites of Cappadocia hotels in Turkey. A solution proposal comprising the Intuitionistic Fuzzy EDAS (IF EDAS) approach is developed to assess the website quality of these hotels. A sensitivity analysis is also provided to demonstrate how the proposed IF EDAS method yields robust decisions. It has been concluded that the most important criteria in evaluating the quality of a hotel website are security, privacy and hotel facilities information. According to the findings, the top three hotels in terms of website quality are Kapadokya Hill Hotel & Spa, Exedra Hotel Cappadocia and Anatolian House. This study will likely be helpful to both researchers interested in hotel website quality evaluations and holidaymakers contemplating a trip to Cappadocia.
- Akincilar, A., & M. Dagdeviren (2014). A hybrid multi-criteria decision making model to evaluate hotel websites. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 36, 263-271.
- Aloini, D., Dulmin, R., V. Mininno, L. Pellegrini & G. Farina (2018). Technology assessment with IF- TOPSIS: An application in the advanced underwater system sector. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 131, 38-48.
- Atanassov (1986). Intuitionistic fuzzy sets. Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol. 20, Iss.1, August 1986, 87-96.
- Baki, R. (2020). Evaluating hotel websites through the use of fuzzy AHP and fuzzy TOPSIS. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 32 No. 12, 3747-3765. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-04-2020-0349.
- Boran, F. E., S. Genc, M. Kurt & D. Akay (2009). A multi-criteria intuitionistic fuzzy group decision making for supplier selection with TOPSIS method. Expert Systems with Applications, 36(8), 11363-11368.
- Chang, C.L., M. McAleer & V. Ramos (2020). A Charter for Sustainable Tourism after COVID-19. Sustainability, 12(9), 3671.
- Chiou, W. C., C. C. Lin & C. Perng (2010). A strategic framework for website evaluation based on a review of the literature from 1995–2006. Information & Management, 47(5-6), 282-290.
- Demir, M., Y. Gunaydin & S. S. Demir (2020). Koronavirüs (COVID-19) salgınının Türkiye'de turizm üzerindeki öncülleri, etkileri ve sonuçlarının değerlendirilmesi. International Journal of Social Sciences and Education Research, 6(1), 80-107.
- Efe, B., & O. F. Efe (2021). Evaluation of Hotel Web Pages According to User Suitability. Intelligent Analytics With Advanced Multi-Industry Applications, 250-263.
- Keshavarz Ghorabaee, M., Zavadskas, E. K., Olfat, L., & Turskis, Z. (2015). Multi-criteria inventory classification using a new method of evaluation based on distance from average solution (EDAS). Informatica, 26(3), 435-451.
- Gossling, S., D. Scott & C. M. Hall (2020). Pandemics, tourism and global change: a rapid assessment of COVID-19. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 29(1), 1-20.
- Ha, Y., & H. Im (2012). Role of web site design quality in satisfaction and word of mouth generation. Journal of Service Management, Vol. 23 Iss. 1, 79 – 96.
- Hasanat, M. W., A. Hoque, F. A. Shikha, M. Anwar, A. B. A. A. Hamid & H. H. Tat (2020). The impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on e-business in Malaysia. Asian Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, 3(1), 85-90.
- Ip, C., R. Law, R. & H. A. Lee (2012). The evaluation of hotel website functionality by fuzzy analytic hierarchy process. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 29(3), 263-278.
- http://www.boutiquesmallhotels.com/ date of access: August 17, 2021.
- https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/357, date of access: December 07, 2021.
- https://wttc.org/Research/Economic-Impact, date of access: November 12, 2021.
- Kahraman, C., M. Keshavarz Ghorabaee, E. K. Zavadskas, S. Cevik Onar, M. Yazdani & B. Oztaysi (2017). Intuitionistic fuzzy EDAS method: an application to solid waste disposal site selection. Journal of Environmental Engineering and Landscape Management, 25(1), 1-12.
- Koc, M. (2020). Fuzzy Logic Control of Vibrations due to Interaction one DOF Vehicle Suspension and Flexible Structure with Tuned Mass Damper. Journal of Smart Systems Research, 1(1), 1–10.
- Lew, A. A., J. M. Cheer, M. Haywood, P. Brouder & N. B. Salazar (2020). Visions of travel and tourism after the global COVID-19 transformation of 2020. Tourism Geographies, 22:3, 455-466, DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2020.1770326.
- Li, D.F. (2004). Some measures of dissimilarity in intuitionistic fuzzy structures. Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 68(1), 115-122.
- Li, S., & Wang, B. (2020). Research on evaluating algorithms for the service quality of wireless sensor networks based on interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy EDAS and CRITIC methods. Mathematical Problems in Engineering.
- Liang, L., & G. Wu (2022). Effects of COVID-19 on customer service experience: Can employees wearing facemasks enhance customer-perceived service quality?. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 50, 10-20.
- Liang, Y. (2020). An EDAS method for multiple attribute group decision-making under intuitionistic fuzzy environment and its application for evaluating green building energy-saving design projects. Symmetry, 12(3), 484.
- Liu, H.W., J. Wang (2007). Multi-criteria decision-making methods based on intuitionistic fuzzy sets. European Journal of Operational Research, 179(1), 220-233.
- Mahdi, A., & D. Esztergár-Kiss (2021). Analysis of the Effective Factors for Hotel Selection by using the Fuzzy AHP Method. Industry 4.0, 6(2), 79-82.
- Nilashi, M., & O. B. Ibrahim (2014). A model for detecting customer level intentions to purchase in B2C websites using TOPSIS and fuzzy logic rule-based system. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 39(3), 1907-1922.
- Ozdemir, M. A. (2020). COVID-19 Salgını Sonrası Alınan Önlemlerle Turizm: Muhtemel Senaryolar. Journal of Recreation and Tourism Research/JRTR, 7(2), 222-238.
- Ostavara, M. & M. R. Shahraki (2019). Evaluation of hotel websites using the multi-criteria analysis of PROMETHEE and GAIA: Evidence from the five-star hotels of Mashhad. Tourism Management Perspectives, 30, 107-116
- Ramyar, M., A. Hamzah & N. Halim (2020). Developing an Integrated Decision Making Framework for Evaluating Hotel Website under Fuzzy Environment. Journal of Soft Computing and Decision, 7(4), 13-17.
- Rogulj, K., Pamuković, J. K., Antucheviciene, J., & Zavadskas, E. K. (2022). Intuitionistic Fuzzy Decision Support Based on EDAS and Grey Relational Degree for Historic Bridges Reconstruction Priority, https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-1164217/v1.
- Roy, J., H. K. Sharma, S. Kar, E. K. Zavadskas & J. Saparauskas (2019). An Extended COPRAS Model for Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Problems and Its Application in Web-Based Hotel Evaluation and Selection. Economic Research-Ekonomska istraživanja, 32 (1), 219-253.
- Samad, S., M. Nilashi & O. Ibrahim (2019). Evaluating the Quality Factors in Hotel Websites using Multi-Criteria Decision Making Approach: The Customers' Viewpoint. Journal of Soft Computing and Decision Support Systems, 6(2), 1-5.
- Samanlioglu, F., A. N. Burnaz, B. Dis, M. D. Tabas & M. Adıguzel (2020). An Integrated Fuzzy Best-Worst-TOPSIS Method for Evaluation of Hotel Website and Digital Solutions Provider Firms. Advances in Fuzzy Systems, 1-10.
- Schitea, D., Deveci, M., Iordache, M., Bilgili, K., Akyurt, İ. Z., & Iordache, I. (2019). Hydrogen mobility roll-up site selection using intuitionistic fuzzy sets based WASPAS, COPRAS and EDAS. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 44(16), 8585-8600.
- Sezgin, M., & M. Yurtlu (2021). Dijital Pazarlama Yöneticilerinin Bakış Açısıyla En Uygun Otel Seçimi: Analitik Hiyerarşi Prosesi (AHP) ve PROMETHEE Yaklaşımı. Türk Turizm Araştırmaları Dergisi, 5(3), 1756-1784.
- Škare, M., D. R. Soriano & M. Porada-Rochoń (2021). Impact of COVID-19 on the travel and tourism industry. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 163, 120469.
- Stanujkic, D., D. Karabasevic & C. Sava (2018). An application of the PIPRECIA and WS PLP methods for evaluating website quality in hotel industry. Quaestus, 12, 190-198.
- Stringam, B., & J. Gerdes (2019). Service gap in hotel website load performance. International Hospitality Review, 33(1), 16-29.
- Tabaeeian, R. A., & Fahimi, M. (2021). Analysing key indicators of website service quality using Kano and DANP hybrid model. International Journal of Process Management and Benchmarking, 11(6), 791-807.
- Tikhonenko-Kędziak, A. & M. Kurkowski (2016). An approach to exponentiation with interval-valued power. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computational Mechanics, 15(4), 157-169
- Xu, G.L., Wan, S.P. & Xie, X.L. (2015). A selection method based on MAGDM with Interval-Valued Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets. Math. Probl. Eng., 791204, 1–13.
- Xu Z. (2007). Intuitionistic fuzzy aggregation operators. Fuzzy Systems, IEEE Transactions on, 15, 1179-1187.
- Xue, P., W. Jo & M. A. Bonn (2020). Online hotel booking decisions based on price complexity, alternative attractiveness, and confusion. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 45, 162-171.
- Yildirim, F. & C. Meydan (2021). Financial Performance evaluation with intuitionistic fuzzy EDAS (IF-EDAS) Method: An application in BIST retail trade industry. Suleyman Demirel University Visionary Journal, 12(29), 235-251.
- Zadeh L.A. (1965), Fuzzy sets. Information and Control. 8(3), 338-353.