THE EVALUATION OF THE RELATIONSHIPS AMONG PERCEIVED RISK OF DELIVERY, ONLINE PURCHASE ATTITUDE, AND INTENTION OF CONSUMERS
- Algılanan Risk, Online Satın Alma Niyeti, Online Satın Alma Tutumu
- Perceived Risk, Online Purchase Intention, Online Purchase Attitude
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Although online shopping offers many benefits to consumers such as product variety, price comparison opportunity, space, and time convenience, it is seen that the online purchase intention of consumers is affected by the risks of online shopping. In the literature, the risks of online shopping have been examined in general, but it has been found that delivery risk, one of the essential elements of online shopping, has not been addressed in detail. Therefore, this study aims to examine the perceived delivery risks of consumers in online shopping. For this purpose, primary data was collected with a face-to-face survey method from 482 respondents. The confirmatory factor analysis determined that the perceived delivery risk consisted of four factors, namely product risk, non-delivery risk, financial risk, and time risk. In the second stage, the effects of these risks on online purchase attitude and intention were analysed with path analysis. Therefore, this study is thought to fill an essential gap in the literature and will guide future studies.
- Albright, J. J. (2008). Confirmatory Factor Analysis Using Amos, LISREL, and Mplus http://www.iu.edu/~statmath/stat/all/cfa/cfa2008.pdf (07.02.2020).
- Ariff, M. S. M., Sylvester, M., Zakuan, N., Ismail, K., & Ali, K. M. (2014). Consumer perceived risk, attitude and online shopping behaviour; empirical evidence from Malaysia. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 58, No. 1, p. 012007). IOP Publishing (1-10).
- Başyazıcıoğlu, H. N. & Leblebici-Koçer, L. (2018). Investigation of Consumers’ Attitudes toward Mobile Private Shopping Applications with Uses and Gratification Approach. Yenihan. B., B. D. Sarıipek ve G. Cerev (eds). A Critical Review in Social Sciences içinde (ss. 107-119). Londra: Frontpage Publication.
- Bhatnagar, A., & Ghose, S. (2004). Segmenting consumers based on the benefits and risks of Internet shopping. Journal of Business Research, 57(12), 1352-1360.
- Cao, Y., Ajjan, H., & Hong, P. (2018). Post-purchase shipping and customer service experiences in online shopping and their impact on customer satisfaction. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 30 (2), 400-416.
- Chang, C. (2011). The effect of the number of product subcategories on perceived variety and shopping experience in an online store. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 25(3), 159-168.
- Choi, J., & Lee, K. H. (2003). Risk perception and e‐shopping: a cross‐cultural study. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal, 7(1), 49-64.
- Crespo, A.H., Del Bosque, I. R. ve De los Salmones Sanchez, M. M. G. (2009). The influence of perceived risk on internet shopping behavior: a multidimensional perspective. Journal of Risk Research, 12(2), 259-277.
- Deloitte. (2019). E-Ticaretin Gelişimi, Sınırların Aşılması ve Yeni Normlar. https://www.eticaretraporu.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/DD-TUSIAD-ETicaret-Raporu-2019.pdf (07.02.2020).
- Dowling, G. R., & Staelin, R. (1994). A model of perceived risk and intended risk-handling activity. Journal of consumer research, 21(1), 119-134.
- Featherman, M. S., & Pavlou, P. A. (2003). Predicting e-services adoption: a perceived risk facets perspective. International journal of human-computer studies, 59(4), 451-474.
- Forsythe, S., Liu, C., Shannon, D., & Gardner, L. C. (2006). Development of a scale to measure the perceived benefits and risks of online shopping. Journal of interactive marketing, 20(2), 55-75.
- Hassan, A. M., Kunz, M. B., Pearson, A. W., & Mohamed, F. A. (2006). Conceptualisation and measurement of perceived risk in online shopping. Marketing Management Journal, 16(1), 138-147.
- Hong, L. M., Zulkiffli, W. F. W., & Hamsani, N. H. (2016). The impact of perceived risks towards customer attitude in online shopping. International Journal, 1(2), 13-21.
- Hong, Z., & Yi, L. (2012). Research on the influence of perceived risk in consumer on-line purchasing decision. Physics procedia, 24, 1304-1310.
- HOOTIE & We are social. (2019). Global Digital Report 2019: World’s internet users pass the 4 billion mark. https://wearesocial.com/blog/2019/01/digital-2019-global-internet-use-accelerates (07.02.2020).
- Iconaru, C. (2012). Perceived risk when buying online: Evidence from a semi-structured interview. Studia Universitatis Vasile Goldiş, Arad-Seria Ştiinţe Economice, 22(1+ 2), 63-73.
- İlhan, M., & Çetin, B. (2014). LISREL ve AMOS programları kullanılarak gerçekleştirilen yapısal eşitlik modeli (yem) analizlerine ilişkin sonuçların karşılaştırılması. Eğitimde ve Psikolojide Ölçme ve Değerlendirme Dergisi, 5(2), 26-42.
- Javadi, M., Dolatabadi, H., Nourbakhsh, M., Poursaeedi, A. & Asadollahi, A. (2012). An analysis of factors affecting on online shopping behavior of consumers. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 4(5), 81-98.
- Keeney, R. L. (1999). The value of internet commerce to the customer [J]. Management Science, 45(4), 85-161.
- Ko, H., Jung, J., Kim J. & Shim S. W. (2004). Cross-cultural differences in perceived risk of online shopping. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 4(2),20-29.
- Lipsman, A. (2019). Global Ecommerce 2019: Ecommerce Continues Strong Gains Amid Global Economic Uncertainty. eMarketer. https://www.emarketer.com/content/global-ecommerce-2019. (07.02.2020).
- Lo´pez-Nicola´s, C., Molina-Castillo, F.J. ve Bouwmanb, H. (2008). An assessment of advanced mobile services acceptance: Contributions from TAM and diffusion theory models. Information & Management, 45, 359–364.
- Mitchell, V. W. (1999). Consumer perceived risk: conceptualisations and models. European Journal of marketing.33(1/2), 163-195.
- Naiyi, Y. E. (2004). Dimensions of consumer's perceived risk in online shopping. Journal of Electronic Science and Technology, 2(3), 177-182.
- Nepomuceno, M. N., Laroche, M. Ve Richard, M.O. (2014). How to reduce perceived risk when buying online: The interactions between intangibility, product knowledge, brand familiarity, privacy and security concerns. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 21, 619–629.
- Nyshadham, E. A. (2000). Privacy policies of air travel web sites: a survey and analysis. Journal of Air Transport Management, 6(3), 143-152.
- Ozen, H., & Engizek, N. (2014). Shopping online without thinking: being emotional or rational? Asia pacific journal of marketing and logistics.26(1), 78-93.
- Pappas, N. (2016). Marketing strategies, perceived risks, and consumer trust in online buying behaviour. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 29, 92-103.
- Schermelleh-Engel, K., Moosbrugger, H., & Müller, H. (2003). Evaluating the fit of structural equation models: Tests of significance and descriptive goodness-of-fit measures. Methods of psychological research online, 8(2), 23-74.
- Sharma, B. (2016). A focus on reliability in developmental research through Cronbach’s Alpha among medical, dental, and paramedical professionals. Asian Pacific Journal of Health Sciences, 3(4), 271-278.
- Suhaily, L., & Soelasih, Y. (2017). What effects repurchase intention of online shopping. International Business Research, 10(12), 113-122.
- Thakur, R., & Srivastava, M. (2015). A study on the impact of consumer risk perception and innovativeness on online shopping in India. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management.43(2), 148-166.
- TUBISAD. (2019). Türkiye’de E-Ticaret 2018 Pazar Büyüklüğü. http://www.tubisad.org.tr/tr/images/pdf/tubisad_2019_e-ticaret_sunum_tr.pdf. (07.02.2020).
- Wai, K., Dastane, O., Johari, Z., & Ismail, N. B. (2019). Perceived risk factors affecting consumers’ online shopping behaviour. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 6(4), 246-260.
- Yaşlıoğlu, M. M. (2017). Sosyal bilimlerde faktör analizi ve geçerlilik: Keşfedici ve doğrulayıcı faktör analizlerinin kullanılması. İstanbul Üniversitesi İşletme Fakültesi Dergisi, 46, 74-85.
- Zhang L., Tan W., Xu Y., Tan G. (2011) Dimensions of Perceived Risk and Their Influence on Consumers’ Purchasing Behavior in the Overall Process of B2C (1-10). In: Zhang L., Zhang C. (eds) Engineering Education and Management. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 111. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-24823-8_1
- Zheng, L., Favier, M., Huang, P., ve Coat, F. (2012). Chinese consumer perceived risk and risk relievers in e-shopping for clothing. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 13(3), 255-274.