INVESTIGATION OF FILMS IN TERMS OF SOCIAL REQUIREMENT AND SECTOR ECONOMY THAT HIT THEATERS IN 2019 IN TURKEY
- Sinema Sosyolojisi, İstatistiksel Analiz ve Uygulamalar, Çalışma Ekonomisi ve Endüstri İlişkileri
- Sociology of Cinema Statistical Analysis and Applications Labor Economics and Industrial Relations
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1.1. RESEARCH PURPOSE AND IMPORTANCE
In this study, the cinema audience behaviours have been analyzed based on statistical data. With this work, we tried to help producers realize the general orientations of the audience, which are in line with this orientation.
1.2. CONTRIBUTION of the ARTICLE to the LITERATURE
Since a similar study has not been conducted in our country before, it is considered that the research will add value to the literature and the industry.
- DESIGN AND METHOD
2.1. DATA COLLECTION METHOD
The data used in this study was taken from the web site named “https://boxofficeturkiye.com/yillik/?yil=2019&yilop=tum” that keeps film statistics up to date in Turkey. The only foreign films (the budget of the films) cost data have been taken from the IMDb page of each movie. Local film budgets were not accessible.
2.2. QUANTITATIVE / QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS
In this study; t independence statistics test and one-way ANOVA statistics test were used within the scope of parametric analysis. Chi-square independence statistical test has been used within the scope of non-parametric analysis.
- CONCLUSION, RECOMMENDATION AND LIMITATIONS RESULTS of the ARTICLE
Domestic films have been released in more movie theatres than foreign films. The number of movie theatres, and therefore revenue, of high-cost movies, also increases. Distributor of domestic films and the audience in Turkey is more than they prefer foreign films. It has been observed that the audience mostly preferred movies for entertainment and spending time in the cinema. It has been observed that 7+ audiences predominantly feature comedy films, and 13+ mainly adventure movies. It seems that cinema viewers prefer films less in the 18+ age group. Statistically, the duration of foreign films is more extended than domestic films. It has been observed that local audiences prefer local films more than foreign films. This preference causes the distributors and theatre owners to be more likely to introduce local movies in movie distribution.
It has been observed that the IMDb score is higher in foreign films than in domestic films. It is seen that IMDb scores increase as the duration and cost of the movie increases. It has been observed that the average cost of animation films is higher than in drama and horror films. It has been observed that the average cost of adventure films is higher than that of drama and horror films. It has been observed that the average duration of adventure films is more prolonged than animation and comedy films. It has been observed that the average number of theatres in comedy movies is higher than that of horror movies.
3.1. SUGGESTIONS BASED on RESULTS
There are specific predictions based on experience in the cinema sector. In this study, analyzes were made to compare these predictions with scientific data. This study is recommended as a descriptive resource that the leading producers, distributors and cinema producers can use to increase their productivity.
3.2 LIMITATIONS of the ARTICLE
In this study, films whose vision process is continuing and whose data were changed during this visioning process were excluded from the study. For this purpose, the study has been limited to 75 films which hit theatres in Turkey in 2019 and consists of data from the vision process has completed 75 films in the same year.
- Adanır, O. (1994). Sinemada Anlam ve Anlatım. İzmir: Kitle Yayınları.
- Andrew, J. D. (2010). Büyük Sinema Kuramları. (Atam,Z. Çev.), İstanbul: Doruk Yayınları.
- Bazin, A. (1995). Sinema Nedir?. (Şener,İ. Çev.), İstanbul: Sistem Yayıncılık.
- Büyüköztürk, Ş. (2018). Sosyal Bilimler İçin Veri Analizi El Kitabı. Ankara: Pegem Akademi.
- Cuevas, A., & Febrero, M., & Fraiman, R. (2004). An Anova Test For Functional Data. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis. (s. 111-122)
- Demir, E., & Saatçioğlu, Ö., & İmrol, F. (2016). Uluslararası Dergilerde Yayımlanan Eğitim Araştırmalarının Normallik Varsayımları Açısından İncelenmesi. Current Research in Education. (s. 130-148)
- Diken, B., Laustsen C. (2010). Filmlerle Sosyoloji. (Ertekin,S. Çev.), İstanbul: Metis Yayınları.
- Evren, B. (2010). Türk Sinemasında Değişim Dönüşüm Dönemeci. A. Şen. (Ed.). Türk Sinemasında Yerli Arayışlar (s. 54). Ankara: T.C. Kültür Bakanlığı Yayınları.
- Fischer, E. (1993). Sanatın Gerekliliği. (Çapan,C. Çev.), Ankara: V Yayınları.
- Gripsrude, J. (2010). Sinema İzleyicileri. M. İri (Ed.). Sinema Araştırmaları (s. 312-314). İstanbul: Derin Yayınları.
- https://boxofficeturkiye.com/dagitimcilar (Erişim Tarihi: 10.12.2020)
- https://boxofficeturkiye.com/yillik/?yil=2019&yilop=tum. (Erişim Tarihi: 03.03.2020)
- https://data.tuik.gov.tr/Bulten/Index?p=Sinema-ve-Tiyatro-Istatistikleri-2019-33622 (Erişim Tarihi: 11.12.2020)
- https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/imdb. (Erişim Tarihi: 12.04.2020)
- https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metacritic. (Erişim Tarihi: 15.05.2020)
- Kanburoğlu, Ö. (2017) İstanbul'da Film Sektörün Durum Analizi ve Sektörün Geleceği Analiz Raporu, İstanbul: İstanbul Kalkınma Ajansı.
- Kırel, S. (2010). Sinemada Tür Kavramı ve Popüler Türleri Anlamak Üzere Bir Yol Haritası. M. İri (Ed.). Sinema Araştırmaları (s. 248). İstanbul: Derin Yayınları.
- Kim, T. K. (2015). T Test As A Parametric Statistic. Korean Journal of Anesthesiology. (s. 540-546)
- McHugh, M. L. (2013). The Chi-Square Test Of Independence. Biochemia Medica. (s. 143-149)
- Oskay, Ü. (2018). Çağdaş Fantazya. İstanbul: İnkılap Yayınları.
- Özden, Z. (2014). Film Eleştirisi. Ankara: İmge Kitabevi.
- Pallant, J. (2017). SPSS Kullanma Kılavuzu: SPSS ile Adım Adım Veri Analizi. (Balcı, S. Çev.), Ankara: Anı Yayıncılık.
- Tomur, K., Kol, İ., Bilaçlı C. (2016) Sinema Hizmetleri Sektör Raporu, Rekabet Kurumu, Ankara, https://www.morogluarseven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Sinema-Sekt%C3%B6r-Raporu_06.04.2016.pdf (Erişim Tarihi: 10.12.2020)
- Türkoğlu, N. (2010). Psikanaliz ve Sinema Üzerine. M. İri (Ed.). Sinema Araştırmaları (s. 155). İstanbul: Derin Yayınları.