EXAMINING THE LEVEL OF OCCUPATIONAL MOTIVATION OF ACADEMICIANS IN THE CONTEXT OF DEMOGRAPHIC VARIABLES
- Academic Motivation,
- Higher Education Institutions,
- Public and Foundation Universities
- Akademik Motivasyon,
- Yükseköğretim Kurumları,
- Devlet ve Vakıf Üniversiteleri
How to Cite
The level of occupational motivation of academic staff is a significant resource as the pillars of an entire building and play a central role in the fulfillment of the organizational goals of their institutions. In this frame, this study has been carried out within the purpose of being guided for the practices of universities as desired benefits center and contributed to the literature via determining the level of occupational motivation of academicians who have a crucial role in the point of being provided benefit, conducted the activities of research and development, and produced science in addition to the educational activities expected from universities. For this purpose, the data obtained from the questionnaire has been applied on 175 academicians have been analyzed via the “SPSS 26.0” program. As a result of the analysis, it has been identified that the level of occupational motivation of academicians does not differ statistically significant in terms of age, gender, marital status, title, years in the profession, and field of the study. On the other hand, it has been determined that the level of occupational motivation of academicians differs statistically significant in terms of types of institution employed, years of employment at the current institution, and academic units.
- Alfagira, S.A. Bin Zumrah, A. R. Mond Noor, K. B., & Rahman, O. B. A. (2017). Investigating the Factors Influencing Academic Staff Performance: A Conceptual Approach. Scholars Journal of Economics, Business and Management, 4(11), 842-848.
- Arık, İ. A. (1996). Motivasyon ve Heyecana Giriş. Çantay Kitabevi.
- Blašková, M., Majchrzak-Lepczyk, J., Hriníková, D., & Blaško, R. (2019). Sustainable Academic Motivation. Sustainability, 11(21), 5934-5957.
- Buberwa, E. (2015). Role of Motivation on Academic Staff Performance in Tanzania Public Universities: Underpinning Intrinsic and Extrinsic Facets. European Journal of Business and Management, 7(36), 219-230.
- Capelleras, J. L. (2005). Attitudes of academic staff towards their job and organisation: an empirical assessment. Tertiary Education & Management, 11(2), 147-166.
- Cheng, M. (2016). Quality in higher education: Developing a virtue of professional practice. Springer.
- Demir, S., & Akbaba, A. (2018). Akademisyenlerin Mesleki Motivasyonları ile İş Tatmini Arasındaki İlişki. YYÜ Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi. 15(1), 1256-1286.
- Genç, N. (2004). Yönetim ve Organizasyon. Ankara: Seçkin Yayınevi.
- Heckhausen, J., & Heckhausen, H. (2018). Motivation and Action: Introduction and Overview. Motivation and Action. Springer, Cham. ISBN: 978-3-319-65094-4
- Kuchava, M. M., & Buchashvili, G. (2016). Staff Motivation in Private and Public Higher Educational Institutions (Case of International Black Sea University, Sokhumi State University and Akaki Tsereteli State University). Journal of Education & Social Policy, 3(4), 92-100.
- Lourdes Machado, M., Soares, V. M., Brites, R., Ferreira, J. B., & Gouveia, O. M. R. (2011). A Look to Academics Job Satisfaction and Motivation in Portuguese Higher Education Institutions. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 29, 1715-1724.
- Malik, E. M., Danish, Q. R. (2010). Impact of Motivation to Learn and Job Attitudes on Organizational Learning Culture in a Public Service Organization of Pakistan. A Research Journal of South Asian Studies. 25(2), 217-235.
- Rowley, J. (1996). Motivation and academic staff in higher education. Quality assurance in education.
- Sağlam, A. Ç. (2007). Akademisyenlerin İşe Güdülenmesinde Hijyen ve Güdüleme Faktörlerinin Önemi. Mehmet Akif Ersoy Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi, 13, 52-57
- Sansone, C., & Harackiewicz, J. M. (2000). Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation: The Search for Optimal Motivation and Performance. Elsevier.
- Shaheen, I., Sajid, M. A., & Batool, Q. (2013). Factors Affecting the Motivation of Academic Staff (a case study of University College Kotli, UAJ&K). International Journal of Business and Management Invention, 2(1), 105-112.
- Ünsar, S.A., (2011). Motivasyonun İşten Ayrılma Eğilimine Etkisi: Bir Alan Araştırması. Akademik Bakış Dergisi, 25, 1-15.
- Yalçın, M. O., & Kılıç, H. (2018). Akademisyenlerin Öğretim Performansları ile Motivasyonları Arasındaki İlişkinin Değerlendirilmesi. Eğitim Kuram ve Uygulama Araştırmaları Dergisi, 4(3), 122-135.
- Zeynel, E. (2014). Akademisyenlere Yönelik Mesleki Motivasyon, İş Tatmini ve Örgütsel Bağlılık Arasındaki İlişkiler Üzerine Bir Araştırma. Yayınlanmamış Doktora Tezi, Isparta: Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü.
- Zeynel, E., & Çarıkçı, İ. H. (2015). Mesleki Motivasyonun, İş Tatmini ve Örgütsel Bağlılık Üzerine Etkisi: Akademisyenler Üzerine Görgül Bir Araştırma. Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi, 20(3), 217-248.
- Zhang, X. (2014). Factors that Motivate Academic Staff to Conduct Research and Influence Research Productivity in Chinese Project 211 Universities (Doctoral Dissertation, University of Canberra).
- Zlate, S., & Cucui, G. (2015). Motivation and Performance in Higher Education. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 180(2), 462-476.