RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FESTIVAL PERCEPTION, FESTIVAL SATISFACTION, PERCEIVED VALUE AND DESTINATION: THE CASE OF ESKİŞEHİR STREET FOODS FESTIVAL
- Festival, Satisfaction, Perceived Value, Attachment, Strett Foods
- Festival, Memnuniyet, Algılanan Değer, Aidiyet, Sokak Lezzetleri
How to Cite
In the study, it was aimed to investigate the relationships between festival participants' perceptions of festival, their satisfaction, the perceived value of the festival and destination attachment from an integrated perspective. For this purpose, a research model was created by examining the related literature. In order to test the relationships between variables, local tourists visiting the 3rd Eskişehir Street Foods Festival held in October 2018 were reached by easy sampling method and a face-to-face questionnaire was applied with 226 people who agreed to fill in the questionnaire. 26 questionnaires, which were found to be missing or incorrect, were not included in the analysis and 200 questionnaire forms were evaluated. The collected data were analyzed through current statistical program. After the correlation analysis, statistically significant and positive relationships were found between the perception of festival, satisfaction, festival value and destination attachment. These relationships are; the positive perceptions of the festival, the satisfaction of the festival and the perceived value of the festival show that it affects the destination attachment of the tourists positively. Therefore, it can be said that the positive effects of festivals should be taken into consideration in developing destination attachment.
- Alonso-Vazquez, M., Packer, J., Fairley, S. ve Hughes, K. (2019). “The Role of Place Attachment and Festival Attachment In Influencing Attendees’ Environmentally Responsible Behaviours at Music Festivals”, Tourism Recreation Research, 44 (1), 91-102.
- Anıl, N. K. (2012). “Festival Visitors’ Satisfaction and Loyalty: An Example of Small, Local, and Municipality Organized Festival”, Tourism: An International Interdisciplinary Journal, 60 (3), 255-271.
- Bağıran, D. ve Kurgun, H. (2016). “A Research on Social Impacts of the Foça Rock Festival: The Validity of the Festival Social Impact Attitude Scale”, Current Issues in Tourism, 19 (9), 930-948.
- Baker, D.A. ve Crompton, J. L. (2000). “Quality, Satisfaction and Behavioral Intentions”, Annals of Tourism Research, 27 (3), 785-804.
- Bezirgan, M., Köroğlu, A. ve İlban, M. O. (2017). “Destinasyon İmajı, Algılanan Değer, Aidiyet ve Davranışsal Niyetler Arasındaki İlişkilerin Belirlenmesi”, Kesit Akademik Dergisi, 3 (12), 387-418.
- Bowie, D. ve Chang, J. C. (2005). “Tourist Satisfaction: A View From A Mixed International Guided Package Tour”, Journal of Vacation Marketing, 11 (4), 303-322.
- Brown, B. B. ve Perkins, D. D. (1992). Disruptions in Place Attachment, Derleyen: I. Altman ve S. Low, Place Attachment: Human Behavior And Environment - Advances In Theory And Research, Plenum Press, New York.
- Chen, C. ve Chen, F. (2010). “Experience Quality, Perceived Value, Satisfaction and Behavioral Intentions for Heritage Tourists”, Tourism Management 31, 29-35.
- Chi, C. G., Chua, B. L., Othman, M. ve Karim, A. S. (2013). “Investigating the Structural Relationships Between Food Image, Food Satisfaction, Culinary Quality, and Behavioral Intentions: The Case of Malaysia”, International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Administration, 14 (2), 99-120.
- Cole, S. T. ve Illum, S. F. (2006). “Examining the Mediating Role of Festival Visitors’ Satisfaction in the Relationship Between Service Quality and Behavioral Intentions”, Journal of Vacation Marketing, 12 (2), 160-173.
- Dalgıç, A. ve Birdir, K. (2015). “Yayla Turizmine Katılan Turistlerin Seyahat Motivasyonları, Algılanan Değer, Tatmin Düzeyleri ve Sadakatleri Üzerine Bir Araştırma”, Journal of Tourism and Gastronomy Studies, 3 (3), 3-17.
- Derrett, R. (2003). “Making Sense of How Festivals Demonstrate a Community’s Sense of Place”, Event Management, 8 (1), 49-58.
- Doğrul, Ü., Atçeken, K. ve Şahin, A. (2015). “Festival Kalitesinin Ziyaretçilerin Algıladıkları Değer, Tatmin ve Sadakat Üzerine Etkisi: Mersin Uluslararası Narenciye Festivali Üzerine Bir Uygulama”, Çağ Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi, 12 (1), 72-84.
- Duru, E. (2015). “Genel Aidiyet Ölçeğinin Psikometrik Özellikleri: Geçerlik ve Güvenirlik Çalışması”, Türk Psikolojik Danışma ve Rehberlik Dergisi, 5 (44), 37-47.
- Eggert, A. ve Ulaga, W. (2002). “Customer Perceived Value: A Substitute For Satisfaction In Business Markets?”, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 17 (2/3), 107-118.
- Einarsen, K. ve Mykletun, R. J. (2009). “Exploring the Success of the Gladmatfestival (The Stavanger Food Festival)”, Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 9 (2–3), 225–248.
- FAO, (1996). “Essential Safety Requirements for Street–Vended Foods”. https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/63265/WHO_FNU_FOS_96.7.pdf?sequence=1, Erişim Tarihi: 20.01.2020.
- Felsenstein, D. ve Fleischer, A. (2003). “Local Festivals and Tourism Promotion: The Role of Public Assistance and Visitor Expenditure”, Journal of Travel Research, 41, 385-392.
- Getz, D. ve Page, S. (2016). Event Studies: Theory, Research and Policy for Planned Events. 3. Baskı. New York: Routledge.
- Hidalgo, M. C. ve Hernandez, B. (2001). “Place Attachment: Conceptual and Empirical Questions”, Journal of Environmental Psychology, 21 (3), 273-281.
- Huang, S., Hsu, C. H. C. ve Chan, A. (2010). “Tour Guide Performance and Tourist Satisfaction: A Study of the Package Tours in Shanghai”, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 34 (1), 3-33.
- Huang, Y. (2012). “The Mechanisms of Destination Attachment: An Ontegrated Meaning-Based Model”, (Yayımlanmamış Doktora Tezi). Oklahoma State Üniversitesi, Amerika.
- Hutchinson, J., Lai, F. ve Wang, Y. (2009). “Understanding the Relationships of Quality, Value, Equity, Satisfaction, and Behavioral Intentions Among Golf Travelers”, Tourism Management 30, 298-308.
- Hwang, S., Lee, C. ve Chen, H. (2005). “The Relationship Among Tourists’ Involvement, Place Attachment and Interpretation Satisfaction in Taiwan’s National Parks”, Tourism Management, 26 (2), 143-156.
- Jeong, G. H. (1998). “Residents’ Perceptions Toward the Tourism Impacts of the 93’ EXPO Development on the City of Taejon”, Journal of Tourism Studies, 18 (1), 153-173.
- Karaca, O. B., Yıldırım, O. ve Çakıcı, A. C. (2017). “Adana Uluslararası Portakal Çiçeği Karnavalına Katılan Ziyaretçilerin Algı ve Memnuniyetleri”, Mustafa Kemal Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, 14 (37), 222-239.
- Kim, S. S. ve Petrick, P. (2005). “Residents’ Perceptions on Impacts of the FIFA 2002 World Cup: The Case of Seoul as a Host City”, Tourism Management, 26 (1), 25-38.
- Kim, Y. H., Dunca, J. ve Chung, B. W. (2015). “Involvement, Satisfaction, Perceived Value, and Revisit Intention: A Case Study of a Food Festival”, Journal of Culinary Science & Technology, 13, 133–158.
- Kim, Y. H., Kim, M., Goh., B. K. Ve Antun, J. M. (2011). “The role of money: The impact on food tourists’ satisfaction and intention to revisit food events”, Journal of Culinary Science & Technology, 9, 85-98.
- Kozak, M. ve Rimmington, M. (2000). “Tourist Satisfaction with Mallorca, Spain, as an Off-Season Holiday Destination”, Journal of Travel Research, 38, 260-269.
- Kültür ve Turizm Bakanlığı (2019). “İşletme (Bakanlık) Belgeli Tesis Konaklama İstatistikleri”, https://yigm.ktb.gov.tr/TR-201121/isletme-bakanlik-belgeli-tesis-konaklama-istatistikleri.html, Erişim Tarihi: 13.01.2020.
- Kyle, G., Graefe, A. ve Manning, R. (2005). “Testing the Dimensionality of Place Attachment in Recreational Settings”, Environment and Behavior, 37 (2), 153-177.
- Lee, J., Kyle, G. ve Scott, D. (2012). “The Mediating Effect of Place Attachment on the Relationship Between Festival Satisfaction and Loyalty to the Festival Hosting Destination”, Journal of Travel Research, 51 (6), 754-767.
- Mason, M. C. ve Nassivera, F. (2013). “A Conceptualization of the Relationships Between Quality, Satisfaction, Behavioral Intention and Awareness of a Festival”, Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 22 (2), 162-182.
- McDougall, G. ve Levesque, T. (2000). “Customer Satisfaction and Future Intentions: The Role of Perceived Value and Service Quality”, Journal of Services Marketing, 14 (5), 392–410.
- Milligan, M. J. (1998). “Interactional Past and Potential: The Social Construction of Place Attachment”, Symbolic Interaction 21 (1), 1-33.
- Mohr, K., Backman, K. F., Gahan, L. W. ve Backman, S. J. (1993). “An Investigation of Festival Motivations and Event Satisfaction by Visitor Type”, Festival Management and Event Tourism, 1 (3), 89-97.
- Nield, K., Kozak, M. ve LeGrys, G. (2000). “The Role of Food Service in Tourist Satisfaction”, Hospitality Management, 19, 375-384.
- Oh, H. ve Parks, S. C. (1996). “Customer Satisfaction and Service Quality: A Critical Review of the Literature and Research Implications for the Hospitality Industry”, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 20 (3), 35-64.
- Pizam, A.ve Ellis, T. (1999). “Customer Satisfaction and Its Measurement in Hospitality Enterprises”, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 11 (7), 326-339.
- Roche, M. (1994). “Mega-Events and Urban Policy”, Annals of Tourism Research 21, 1-19.
- Sanchez, J., Callarisa, R., Rodriguez, R. M. ve Moliner, M. A. (2006). “Perceived Value of the Purchase of a Tourism Product”. Tourism Management, 27, 394-409.
- Seçilmiş, C. ve Yılmazdoğan, O. C. (2016). “The Effect of Perceptions Regarding Festivals on Festival Loyalty: The Case of Ayder Kardan Adam Festival” IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), 21 (12), 49-55.
- Tektaş, Ö. Z. ve Kavak, B. (2010). “Endüstriyel Ürünlerin Satın Alınması Sürecinde Tedarikçi ile Olan İlişki Kalitesinin Algılanan Değer Üzerindeki Etkisi: Beş Yıldızlı Otellerde Bir Araştırma”, Anatolia: Turizm Araştırmaları Dergisi, Prof. Dr. Hasan Işın Dener Özel Sayısı, 21 (1), 51-63.
- Tsaur, S., Wang, Y., Liu, C. ve Huang, W. (2018). “Festival Attachment: Antecedents and Effects on Place Attachment and Place Loyalty”, International Journal of Event and Festival Management, 10 (1), 17-33.
- Vajirakachorn, T. ve Chongwatpol, J. (2017). “Application of Business Intelligence in the Tourism Industry: A Case Study of a Local Food Festival in Thailand”, Tourism Management Perspectives, 23, 75–86.
- Varinli, İ. ve Çakır, A. (2004). “Hizmet Kalitesi, Değer, Hasta Tatmini ve Davranışsal Niyetler Arasındaki İlişki: Kayseri’de Poliklinik Hastalarına Yönelik Bir Araştırma”, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, 17 (2), 33-52.
- Vesci, M. ve Botti, A. (2019). “Festival Quality, Theory of Planned Behavior and Revisiting Intention: Evidence From Local and Small Italian Culinary Festivals”, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 38, 5-15.
- Yang, J., Gu, Y. ve Cen, J. (2011). “Festival Tourists’ Emotion, Perceived Value, and Behavioral Intentions: A Test of the Moderating Effect of Festivalscape”, Journal of Convention & Event Tourism, 12, 25–44.
- Yang, Z. ve Peterson, R. T. (2004). “Customer Perceived Value, Satisfaction, and Loyalty: The Role of Switching Costs”, Psychology & Marketing, 21 (10), 799-822.
- Yoon, Y. S., Lee, J. S. ve Lee, C. K. (2010). “Measuring Festival Quality and Value Affecting Visitors’ Satisfaction and Loyalty Using a Structural Approach”, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 29, 335-342.
- Zeithaml, V. A. (1988). “Consumer Perceptions of Price, Quality and Value: A Means-End Model and Synthesis of Evidence”, Journal of Marketing, 52 (3), 2-22.