THE IMPACT OF TRANSFER PRICING PRACTICE ON BUSINESS PERFORMANCE AND THE EVALUATION FROM THE TAX POINT
How to Cite
KUZU, S. (2014). THE IMPACT OF TRANSFER PRICING PRACTICE ON BUSINESS PERFORMANCE AND THE EVALUATION FROM THE TAX POINT. Business & Management Studies: An International Journal, 1(2), 187–205. https://doi.org/10.15295/bmij.v1i2.33
AbstractThe size of international trade continues to extend rapidly from day to day as a result of the globalization process. This situation causes an increase in the economic activities of businesses in the trading area. One of the main objectives of the cost system applied in businesses is to be able to monitor the competitors and the changes that can be occured as a result of the developments in the sector. Thus, making cost accounting that is proper according to IAS / IFRS and tax legislation has become one of the strategic targets of the companies in most countries. In this respect, businesses should form their cost and pricing systems according to new regulations. Transfer pricing practice is usefull in setting the most proper price for goods that are subject to the transaction, in evaluating the performance of the responsibility centers of business, and in determining if the inter-departmental pricing system is consistent with targets of the business. The taxing powers of different countries and also the taxing powers of different institutions in a country did not overlap. Because of this reason, bringing new regulations to the tax system has become essential. The transfer pricing practice that has been incorporated into the Turkish Tax System is one of the these regulations. The transfer pricing practice which includes national and international transactions has been included in the Corporate Tax Law and Income Tax Law. The aim of this study is to analyse the impact of goods and services transfer that will occur between departments of businesses on the responsibility center and business performance, and also the impact of transfer pricing practice on the business performance on the basis of tax-related matters. As a result of the study, it can be said that transfer pricing practice has an impact on business performance in terms of both price and tax-related matters.
Download data is not yet available.
- Aslan, S.(2004), İşletmelerde Stratejik Bölümlerarası Transfer Fiyatlaması, Muhasebe ve Denetime Bakış Dergisi, s.61
- Doğruyol, M. (2008), Yeni Kurumlar Vergisi Kanunu Kapsamında Transfer Fiyatlandırması, Vergi Denetmenleri Derneği Yayınları, s.20
- Drury, C. (1992), Management and Cost Accounting, Chapman-Hall, London, s.760
- Hansen, D.R ve Maryanne M. M. (1997), Cost Management, South Western College Publishing, USA,s.793
- Hongren C, S. Datar, G. Foster, M. Rajan and C.Intnerr. (2000), Cost Accounting,Prentice Hall, London, s.800.
- Garrison, R H , Eric W.Noreen,(2000) Managerial Accounting, McGrew-Hill, USA,s.580
- Güney, S. ve Bozkurt R. (2011), Muhasebe ve Finansman Dergisi, s.154
- Gürsoy, C. T. (1999), Yönetim ve Maliyet Muhasebesi, Beta Yayınevi, İstanbul, s.755
- Kaplan, S.R , Atkinson A.A. (1998), Advanced Management Accounting, Prentice Hall,USA, s.453
- Kaymaz,Ö., Kaymaz,Ö.ve ALP A., (2008) Vergi Mevzuatında Transfer Fiyatlandırması, Mali Çözüm, Mart – Nisan, s.43
- Cravens, K. S. (1997), Examining The Role of Transfer Pricing as a Strategy for Multinational Firms, International Business Review, Vol.6, No.2, s.131-132.
- Mısırlıoğlu,İ.U. (2003) ,Bölümlerarası Transfer Fiyatlaması,Mali Çözüm Dergisi,www.istanbulsmmmodasi.com, İstanbul,s.1
- Sevgener, A.S. ve Hacırüstemoğlu, R. (2000), Yönetim Muhasebesi, Alfa, İstanbul, s.426
- Tuncer, S. (2008) Transfer Fiyatlandırması Yoluyla Örtülü Kazanç Dağıtımı Yönteminin Genel Eleştiri ve Değerlendirilmesi, Yaklaşım Dergisi, Haziran, Sayı:186
- Varlıklarda Değer Düşüklüğüne İlişkin Türkiye Muhasebe Standardı (TMS 36) Hakkında Tebliğ Sıra No: 28. s.4
- Yıldırım M, Balcı, F. ve Kiraz A, (2008 ),Transfer Fiyatlandırması Uygulaması, Maliye ve Hukuk Yayınları, s.4
- Doğan, Z. (2004), Çok Uluslu İsletmelerde Transfer Fiyatlama Uygulama Nedenleri ve Verilerin Analizi, Muhasebe ve Finans Dergisi, Sayı.22, s.71-73.