COST ANALYSIS OF SERVICE BUSINESSES: THE COST ANALYSIS OF HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS IN NUMUNE HOSPITAL BURN UNIT OF SİVAS
How to Cite
HAZAR, E., İNCE, A. R., ÇAM, S., & KARAGÖZ, N. (2014). COST ANALYSIS OF SERVICE BUSINESSES: THE COST ANALYSIS OF HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS IN NUMUNE HOSPITAL BURN UNIT OF SİVAS. Business & Management Studies: An International Journal, 1(2), 156–167. https://doi.org/10.15295/bmij.v1i2.31
AbstractAim. The aim of this study is to investigate retrospectively the average cost per patient between the time 1May 2012-15 June 2013 in 68 patients who were hospitalized in the Burn Section of Numune State Hospital. Methods. This investigation includes age, degree of burn, burn percentage, burn type, hospitalization days and bills. Rates were determined according to the burn type of patients and costs were determined according to these types. Results. 80.9% of patients had hot water burn, 7.4% were burned due to burst flames, 4.4% had milk burns, 4.4% had steam burns and 2.9% were identified to have electrical burns. Average costs of burn injury inpatients was reported as TL values. Conclusion. The degree of burn injury, burn ratio and number of days during hospitalization were found to be dependent while age and type of burn injury were found to be independent variable that affect burn costs. The most important paramater that increased cost was number of days of hospitalization. Total cost of 68 patients was 1193,65 TL and average daily cost of a patient was found to be 110,12TL.
Download data is not yet available.
- Bosch, G., ve Lehndorff, S. (2005). Service economies: high road or low road?. Working in the Service Sector. A Tale from Different Worlds. London/New York: Routledge.
- Demirel, Y., Çöl, C. ve Özen, M. (2001). Ankara Numuneeğitim ve araştırma Hastanesi Yanık Servisinde Bir Yılda İzlenen Hastaların Değerlendirilmesi. Cumhuriyet Üniversitesi Tıp Fak. Dergisi. 23(1).
- Dinçer, Ö., ve Fidan, Y. (2009). İşletme yönetimine giriş. Alfa Yayınları.
- Doğan, F., Çoruh, A., Kemaloğlu, A. C., & Günay, G. K. (2011). Çocuk Hastalarda Yanık Travması ve Koruyucu Önlemler. Erciyes Tıp Dergisi, 33(1).
- Keskin, A. (2011). Ekonomik kalkınmada beşeri sermayenin rolü ve Türkiye. Atatürk Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Dergisi, 25.
- McDonald, M., ve Payne, A., (2006). Marketing plans for service businesses: a complete guide. Elsevier.
- Ruskin-Brown, I. (2005). Marketing your service business. Thorogood Publishing.
- Sağlık Bakanlığı. (2012). Yanık Yaralanmaları Tedavi Algoritması.
- Sarı, O., Onar, T., ve Aydoğan, Ü. (2011). Birinci basamakta yara ve yanık bakımı. Smyrna Tıp Dergisi.
- Shrivastava, P., ve Goel, A. (2010). Pre-hospital care in burn injury. Indian journal of plastic surgery: official publication of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, 43(Suppl).
- Sigmon, P.(2010). Six steps to creating profit: a guide for small and mid-sized service-based businesses. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Teboul, J. (2006). Service is front stage: positioning services for value advantage. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Yilmaz, S., Sezer, R. E., Karagöz, N., Erçöçen, A. R., Sezer, H., Erkan, M., ... ve Bitgen, M. (2010). Sivas' ta Alan Taramasıyla Yanık İnsidansının Araştırılması. Türkiye Klinikleri Tıp Bilimleri Dergisi, 30(5).
- Zor, F., Ersöz, N., Külahçı, Y., Kapı, E., ve Bozkurt, M. (2009). Birinci basamak yanık tedavisinde altın standartlar. Dicle Tıp Dergisi, 36(3).