GREEN SUPPLIER SELECTION IN FUZZY MULTI CRITERIA DECISION MAKING ENVIRONMENT
- Green Supply Chain Management, Group Decision Making, Fuzzy Multi Criteria Decision Making Methods, Green Supplier Selection
- Yeşil Tedarik Zinciri Yönetimi, Grup Karar Verme, Bulanık Çok Kriterli Karar Verme Yöntemleri, Yeşil Tedarikçi Seçimi
How to Cite
Legislations and increased environmental awareness of customers have made it possible to structure the supply chain activities in a way that is less harmful to the environment in accordance with the green supplier chain management. Green supplier selection is an important factor in green supply chain management. In the green supplier selection, economic and environmental criterias are considered together. The green supplier selection problem includes uncertainty and fuzzy set theory is used in which decision makers can express their views in linguistic expressions. In the green supplier selection problem, multiple criteria decision making methods are very suitable for solving this problem when multiple alternatives are evaluated according to multiple criterias. The main purpose of this study is to perform green supplier selection using the proposed solution method in a green supplier selection environment where quantitative data are insufficient. In the proposed model, green supplier rankings were obtained by Fuzzy TOPSIS, Fuzzy Vikor, Fuzzy Gray Relational Analysis and Fuzzy Aras methods. Supplier selection and evaluation criterion weights were determined by fuzzy SWARA method and criterion weights were used as fuzzy numbers in multicriteria decision making problems in order to prevent loss of information. The proposed solution model has been applied to the green supplier selection process of an enterprise performing medium-sized urban furniture production. The comparative analysis for this case study indicates that four fuzzy methods arrive at identical supplier rankings. The basic and conceptual features of the four multi-criteria decision making methods used in the study were evaluated. It is concluded that gray relational analysis method is more suitable for this problem.
- Aissaoui, N., Haouari, M., ve Hassini, E. (2007). “Supplier Selection and Order Lot Sizing Modeling: A Review”, Computers & operations research, 34(12), 3516-3540.
- Agarwal, P., Sahai, M., Mishra, V., Bag, M., ve Singh, V. (2011). “A Review of Multi-Criteria Decision Making Techniques for Supplier Evaluation And Selection”, International journal of industrial engineering computations, 2(4), 801-810.
- Ahmadi, H. B., Petrudi, S. H. H., ve Wang, X. (2017). “Integrating sustainability into supplier selection with analytical hierarchy process and improved grey relational analysis: a case of telecom industry” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 90(9-12), 2413-2427.
- Akman, G. (2015). “Evaluating Suppliers to Include Green Supplier Development Programs via Fuzzy C-Means And VIKOR Methods”, Computers & industrial engineering, 86, 69-82.
- Amin, S. H., ve Zhang, G. (2012). “An Integrated Model for Closed-Loop Supply Chain Configuration and Supplier Selection: Multi-Objective Approach”, Expert Systems with Applications, 39(8), 6782-6791.
- Awasthi, A., Chauhan, S. S., ve Goyal, S. K. (2010). “A Fuzzy Multicriteria Approach for Evaluating Environmental Performance of Suppliers”, International Journal of Production Economics, 126(2), 370-378.
- Awasthi, A., ve Kannan, G. (2016). “Green Supplier Development Program Selection using NGT and VIKOR Under Fuzzy Environment”, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 91, 100-108.
- Awasthi, A., Govindan, K., ve Gold, S. (2018). “Multi-Tier Sustainable Global Supplier Selection using a Fuzzy AHP-VIKOR Based Approach”, International Journal of Production Economics, 195, 106-117.
- Bai, C., ve Sarkis, J. (2010). “Integrating Sustainability into Supplier Selection With Grey System And Rough Set Methodologies”, International Journal of Production Economics, 124(1), 252-264.
- Bali, O., Kose, E., ve Gumus, S. (2013). “Green Supplier Selection Based on IFS And GRA”, Grey Systems: Theory and Application, 3(2), 158-176.
- Banaeian, N., Nielsen, I. E., Mobli, H., ve Omid, M. (2014). “Green Supplier Selection In Edible Oil Production by a Hybrid Model Using Delphi Method And Green Data Envelopment Analysis (GDEA)”, Management and Production Engineering Review, 5(4), 3-8.
- Banaeian, N., Mobli, H., Fahimnia, B., Nielsen, I. E., ve Omid, M. (2018). “Green Supplier Selection Using Fuzzy Group Decision Making Methods: A Case Study From The Agri-Food İndustry”, Computers & Operations Research, 89, 337-347.
- Bottani, E., Centobelli, P., Murino, T., ve Shekarian, E. (2018). “A QFD-ANP Method for Supplier Selection with Benefits, Opportunities, Costs and Risks Considerations”, International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, 17(03), 911-939.
- Büyüközkan, G., ve Vardaloğlu, Z. (2008). “Yeşil tedarik zinciri yönetimi”, Lojistik Dergisi, 8, 66-73.
- Büyüközkan, G., ve Çifçi, G. (2011). “A Novel Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision Framework for Sustainable Supplier Selection With Incomplete Information”, Computers in industry, 62(2), 164-174.
- Büyüközkan, G., ve Çifçi, G. (2012). “A Novel Hybrid MCDM Approach Based nn Fuzzy DEMATEL, Fuzzy ANP And Fuzzy TOPSIS To Evaluate Green Suppliers”, Expert Systems with Applications, 39(3), 3000-3011.
- Büyüközkan, G., ve Göçer, F. (2018). “An Extension Of Aras Methodology Under Interval Valued Intuitionistic Fuzzy Environment for Digital Supply Chain”, Applied Soft Computing, 69, 634-654.
- Chai, J., Liu, J. N., ve Ngai, E. W. (2013). “Application of Decision-Making Techniques in Supplier Selection: A Systematic Review of Literature”, Expert systems with applications, 40(10), 3872-3885.
- Chang, D. Y. (1996). “Applications of The Extent Analysis Method on Fuzzy AHP”, European journal of operational research, 95(3), 649-655.
- Choi, T. M. (2013). “Optimal Apparel Supplier Selection With Forecast Updates Under Carbon Emission Taxation Scheme”. Computers & Operations Research, 40(11), 2646-2655.
- Deng, J. L. (1989). “Introduction to Grey Sistem”. The Journal of Grey System, 1, 1-24.
- Dos Santos, B. M., Godoy, L. P., ve Campos, L. M. (2019). Performance evaluation of green suppliers using entropy-TOPSIS-F. Journal of Cleaner Production, 207, 498-509.
- Govindan, K., Rajendran, S., Sarkis, J., ve Murugesan, P. (2015). “Multi Criteria Decision Making Approaches for Green Supplier Evaluation and Selection: A Literature Review”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 98, 66-83.
- Govindan, K., Shankar, M., ve Kannan, D. (2018). “Supplier Selection Based on Corporate Social Responsibility Practices”, International Journal of Production Economics, 200, 353-379.
- Grisi, R. M., Guerra, L., ve Naviglio, G. (2010). “Supplier Performance Evaluation for Green Supply Chain Management”, In Business performance measurement and management (pp. 149-163). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Guarnieri, P., ve Trojan, F. (2019). “Decision Making On Supplier Selection Based on Social, Ethical, and Environmental Criteria: A Study In The Textile Industry”, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 141, 347-361.
- Hashemi, S. H., Karimi, A., ve Tavana, M. (2015). “An Integrated Green Supplier Selection Approach with Analytic Network Process and Improved Grey Relational Analysis”, International Journal of Production Economics, 159, 178-191.
- Ho, W., Xu, X., ve Dey, P. K. (2010). “Multi-Criteria Decision Making Approaches for Supplier Evaluation and Selection: A Literature Review”, European Journal of operational research, 202(1), 16-24.
- Hwang, C. L., ve Yoon, K. (1981). “Methods for Multiple Attribute Decision Making”, In Multiple attribute decision making. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Jiang, P., Hu, Y. C., Yen, G. F., ve Tsao, S. J. (2018). “Green Supplier Selection for Sustainable Development of The Automotive Industry Using Grey Decision‐Making”, Sustainable Development, 26(6), 890-903.
- Junior, F. R. L., Osiro, L., ve Carpinetti, L. C. R. (2014). “A comparison between Fuzzy AHP and Fuzzy TOPSIS methods to supplier selection”, Applied Soft Computing, 21, 194-209.
- Keršulıene, V., Zavadskas, E. K. ve Turskıs, Z. (2010), “Selection of Rational Dispute Resolution Method by Applying New Step-Wise Weight Assessment Ratio Analysis (SWARA)”, Journal of Business Economics and Management, 11(2), 243–258.
- Keshavarz Ghorabaee, M., Amiri, M., Zavadskas, E. K., ve Antucheviciene, J. (2017). “Supplier Evaluation and Selection In Fuzzy Environments: A Review of MADM Approaches”, Economic research-Ekonomska istraživanja, 30(1), 1073-1118.
- Kuo, M. S., ve Liang, G. S. (2011). “Combining VIKOR with GRA Techniques to Evaluate Service Quality of Airports Under Fuzzy Environment”, Expert Systems with Applications, 38(3), 1304-1312.
- Lee, A. H., Kang, H. Y., Hsu, C. F., ve Hung, H. C. (2009). “A Green Supplier Selection Model for High-Tech Industry”, Expert systems with applications, 36(4), 7917-7927.
- Liao, C. N., Fu, Y. K., ve Wu, L. C. (2016). “Integrated FAHP, ARAS-F And MSGP Methods For Green Supplier Evaluation And Selection”, Technological and Economic Development of Economy, 22(5), 651-669.
- Lin, C. L., Lin, J. L., ve Ko, T. C. (2002). “ Optimisation of the EDM process based on the orthogonal array with fuzzy logic and grey relational analysis method”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 19(4), 271-277.
- Lo, H. W., Liou, J. J., Wang, H. S., ve Tsai, Y. S. (2018). “An Integrated Model For Solving Problems in Green Supplier Selection and Order Allocation”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 190, 339-352.
- Mavi, R. K., Goh, M., ve Zarbakhshnia, N. (2017). “Sustainable Third-Party Reverse Logistic Provider Selection With Fuzzy SWARA and Fuzzy MOORA In Plastic İndustry”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 91(5-8), 2401-2418.
- Mousakhani, S., Nazari-Shirkouhi, S., ve Bozorgi-Amiri, A. (2017). “A Novel Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Evaluation Model Based Group Decision Analysis for Green Supplier Selection Problems: A Case Study Of Battery İndustry”, Journal of cleaner production, 168, 205-218.
- Nielsen, I. E., Banaeian, N., Golińska, P., Mobli, H., ve Omid, M. (2014). “Green Supplier Selection Criteria: From A Literature Review to a Flexible Framework For Determination of Suitable Criteria”. In Logistics operations, supply chain management and sustainability (pp. 79-99). Springer, Cham.
- Opricovic, S., ve Tzeng, G. H. (2004). “Compromise Solution by MCDM Methods: A Comparative Analysis of VIKOR and TOPSIS”, European journal of operational research, 156(2), 445-455.
- Rashidi, K., ve Cullinane, K. (2019). “A Comparison of Fuzzy DEA and Fuzzy TOPSIS in Sustainable Supplier Selection: Implications For Sourcing Strategy”, Expert Systems with Applications, 121, 266-281.
- Roostaee, R., Izadikhah, M., Lotfi, F. H., ve Rostamy-Malkhalifeh, M. (2012). “A Multi-Criteria İntuitionistic Fuzzy Group Decision Making Method For Supplier Selection With VIKOR Method”, International Journal of Fuzzy System Applications (IJFSA), 2(1), 1-17.
- Sanayei, A., Mousavi, S. F., ve Yazdankhah, A. (2010). “Group Decision Making Process For Supplier Selection With VIKOR Under Fuzzy Environment”, Expert Systems with Applications, 37(1), 24-30.
- Sahu, A. K., Datta, S., ve Mahapatra, S. S. (2016). “Evaluation and selection of resilient suppliers in fuzzy environment: exploration of fuzzy-VIKOR”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, 23(3), 651-673.
- Shen, L., Olfat, L., Govindan, K., Khodaverdi, R., ve Diabat, A. (2013). “A Fuzzy Multi Criteria Approach for Evaluating Green Supplier's Performance in Green Supply Chain With Linguistic Preferences”, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 74, 170-179.
- Shemshadi, A., Shirazi, H., Toreihi, M., ve Tarokh, M. J. (2011). “A Fuzzy VIKOR Method For Supplier Selection Based on Entropy Measure For Objective Weighting”, Expert Systems with Applications, 38(10), 12160-12167.
- Shi, H., Quan, M. Y., Liu, H. C., ve Duan, C. Y. (2018). “A Novel Integrated Approach for Green Supplier Selection with Interval-Valued İntuitionistic Uncertain Linguistic İnformation: A Case Study in the Agri-Food İndustry”, Sustainability, 10(3), 733.
- Srivastava, S. K. (2007). “Green Supply‐Chain Management: A State‐Of‐The‐Art Literature review”, International Journal Of Management Reviews, 9(1), 53-80.
- Suarez-Alvarez, M. M., Pham, D. T., Prostov, M. Y., ve Prostov, Y. I. (2012). “Statistical approach to normalization of feature vectors and clustering of mixed datasets“, Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 468(2145), 2630-2651.
- Turskis, Z., ve Zavadskas, E. K. (2010). “A New Fuzzy Additive Ratio Assessment Method (ARAS‐F). Case Study: The Analysis of Fuzzy Multiple Criteria in Order To Select The Logistic Centers Location”, Transport, 25(4), 423-432.
- Tuzkaya, G., Ozgen, A., Ozgen, D., ve Tuzkaya, U. R. (2009). “Environmental Performance Evaluation of Suppliers: A Hybrid Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision Approach”, International Journal of Environmental Science & Technology, 6(3), 477-490.
- Yazdani, M., Kahraman, C., Zarate, P., ve Onar, S. C. (2019). “A Fuzzy Multi Attribute Decision Framework With İntegration of QFD And Grey Relational Analysis”, Expert Systems with Applications, 115, 474-485.
- Yıldız, A., ve Yayla, A. Y. (2015). “Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Methods for Supplier Selection: A Literature Review”, South African Journal of Industrial Engineering, 26(2), 158-177.
- Wang Chen, H. M., Chou, S. Y., Luu, Q. D., ve Yu, T. H. K. (2016). “A Fuzzy MCDM Approach for Green Supplier Selection From The Economic and Environmental Aspects”, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2016.
- Wang, T. C., ve Tsai, S. Y. (2018). “Solar Panel Supplier Selection for The Photovoltaic System Design by Using Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) Approaches”, Energies, 11(8), 1989.
- Wang, C. N., Nguyen, V. T., Thai, H. T. N., Tran, N. N., ve Tran, T. L. A. (2018). “Sustainable Supplier Selection Process in Edible Oil Production by a Hybrid Fuzzy Analytical Hierarchy Process and Green Data Envelopment Analysis For The Smes Food Processing Industry”, Mathematics, 6(12), 302.
- Weber, C. A., Current, J. R., ve Benton, W. C. (1991). “Vendor Selection Criteria And Methods”, European journal of operational research, 50(1), 2-18.
- Zadeh, L. A. (1965). “Fuzzy sets”, Information and control, 8(3), 338-353.
- Zarbakhshnia, N., Soleimani, H., ve Ghaderi, H. (2018). “Sustainable Third-Party Reverse Logistics Provider Evaluation And Selection Using Fuzzy SWARA and Developed Fuzzy COPRAS In The Presence of Risk Criteria”, Applied Soft Computing, 65, 307-319.
- Zhao, J., You, X. Y., Liu, H. C., ve Wu, S. M. (2017). “An Extended VIKOR Method Using Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets and Combination Weights For Supplier Selection”, Symmetry, 9(9), 169.
- Zimmer, K., Fröhling, M., ve Schultmann, F. (2016). “Sustainable Supplier Management–A Review of Models Supporting Sustainable Supplier Selection, Monitoring and Development”, International Journal of Production Research, 54(5), 1412-1442.