CONSUMER INVOLVEMENT IN CAUSE RELATED MARKETING INITIATIVES: A RESEARCH ON CONSUMER-BRAND-CAUSE FIT
How to Cite
The aim of the research is to measure consumer involvement in cause related marketing initiatives and whether there are differences between the sub-dimensions of fit (consumer-cause fit, brand-cause fit and consumer-brand fit), and if there is a difference, which dimensions are more effective in affecting consumer involvement. In research used questionnaire tecnique, one way variance, correlation and regression analyzes were used to determine if there is a relationship between variables and if there is a relationship to determine the direction and strength of the relationship. As a result, there is a meaningful relationship between fit sub-dimensions and level of interest. The most influential dimension of consumer involvement in cause related marketing initiative is consumer-cause fit, while brand-cause fit is second. Consumer-brand fit is at the end. The fact that the consumer-brand-cause fit is as high as possible in cause related marketing initiatives can increase consumer's involvement, result in the consumer's positive reaction and support. Considering this relationship in the course of the planning of cause related marketing initiatives will directly affect the success of the campaign.
- Beise-Zee, R. (2013). Cause-Related Marketing. Encyclopedia of Corporate Social Responsibility, (ss.321-326), Springer.
- Bennett, R., Hartel, C.E.J. ve McColl-Kennedy, J.R. (2005). “Experience as a Moderator of Involvement and Satisfaction on Brand Loyalty in a Business-To-Business Setting”. Industrial Marketing Management, 34, 97-107.
- Bigné, E., Currás Pérez, R. ve Aldás-Manzano, J. (2012). “Dual Nature of Cause-Brand Fit: Influence on Corporate Social Responsibility Consumer Perception”. European Journal of Marketing, 46(3/4), 575-594.
- Broderick, A.J. ve Mueller, R.D. (1999). “A Theoretical and Empirical Exegesis of the Consumer Involvement Construct: The Psychology of the Food Shopper”. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 7(4), 97-109.
- Ćorić, D.S., Živadinović, N.K. ve Dropuljić, M. (2011). “The Effects of Cause and Donation Size of Cause-Related Marketing Program on Consumers' Intention to Buy”. FEB-Working Paper Series, University of Zagreb.
- Çakır, V. (2006). “Reklamların Beğenilmesinin Tüketicilerin Marka Tutumlarına Etkisi”. Selçuk Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, 15(1), 663-687.
- Dick, A.S. ve Basu, K. (1994). “Customer Loyalty: Toward an Integrated Conceptual Framework”. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 22(2), 99-113.
- Dölarslan, E.Ş. (2015). “Tüketicilerin Ürün İlgilenim ve Bilgi Düzeyinin Marka Sadakatine Etkisinin Fikir Liderliği Kapsaminda Değerlendirilmesi”. Pazarlama ve Pazarlama Araştırmaları Dergisi, 15, 23-48.
- Dwivedi, A. (2016). “Influence of Cause Related Marketing on Consumer Purchase Decisions”. Pristine International Journal of Management Research (PIJMR), I(I), 25-36.
- El-Hilali, N. ve Nasery, N. (2014). “An Assessment of Customer Perception of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Through Cause Related Marketing (CRM) Initiatives”. International Conference of Business, Law and Corporate Social Responsibility (ss. 141-152), 1-2 Ekim 2014, Phuket, Thailand.
- Escalas, J.E. ve Bettman, J.R. (2003). “You Are What They Eat: The Influence of Reference Groups on Consumers’ Connections to Brands”. Journal Of Consumer Psychology, 13(3), 339-348.
- Forehand, M.R. ve Grier, S. (2003). “When Is Honesty the Best Policy? The Effect of Stated Company Intent on Consumer Skepticism”. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 13(3), 349–356.
- Gupta, S. ve Pirsch, J. (2006). “The Company-Cause-Customer Fit Decision in Cause-Related Marketing”. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 23(6), 314-326.
- Kandemir, D., Atakan, S.S. ve Demirci, C. (2013). “İlgilenim Kavramı ve Türkçe İlgilenim Ölçeklerinin Değerlendirilmesi: Tüketici İlgilenimi, Sürekli İlgilenim ve Satın Alma Kararı İlgilenimi”. İktisat İşletme ve Finans, 28(330), 21-48.
- Kang, H. (2017). The Effects of Cause-Related Marketing (CRM) on Social Media and in Health Communication: How Does CRM-Based Social Media Message Influence Health Perception? (PhD Thesis, University of Kansas).
- Kapferer, J.N. ve Laurent, G. (1993). “Further Evidence on the Consumer Involvement Profile: Five Antecedents of Involvement”. Psychology & Marketing, 10(4), 347-355.
- Kotler, P. ve Lee, N. (2005). Corporate Social Responsibility: Doing the Most Good for Your Company and Your Cause. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Kumar, D. ve Bansal, H. (2017). “Influence of Cause Brand Fit on Consumers Purchase Intention”. International Journal of Research in Finance and Marketing (IJRFM), 7(1), 99-107.
- Laurent, G. ve Kapferer, J-N. (1985). “Measuring Consumer Involvement Profiles”. Journal of Marketing Research, XXII, 41-53.
- Liang, C. ve Wang, W. (2008). “Do Loyal and More Involved Customers Reciprocate Retailer’s Relationship Efforts?”. Journal of Services Research, 8(1), 72-73.
- Myers, B., Kwon, W. S., & Forsythe, S. (2012). “Creating Effective Cause-Related Marketing Campaigns: The Role of Cause-Brand Fit, Campaign News Source, and Perceived Motivations”. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 30(3), 167-182.
- Nan, X. ve Heo, K. (2007). “Consumer Responses to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives”. Journal of Advertising, 36(2), 63-74.
- Naseri, H. (2013). “Consumers’ Response to Cause-Related Marketing (A Case Study among Customers of Iranian Chain Stores)”. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 5(6), 498-508.
- Odabaşı, Y. ve Barış, G. (2002). Tüketici Davranışı. İstanbul: Kapital Medya Hizmetleri A.Ş.
- Özbek, V. ve Külahlı, A. (2016). “The Effect of Consumer Involvement on Brand Loyalty: A Study on Smart Phone Products”. Journal of Management, Marketing and Logistics, 3(4), 303-317.
- Öztürk, M.C. ve Topuz Savaş, A. (2014). “Sosyal Amaca Yönelik Pazarlama Reklamlarının Markaya Yönelik Tutum ve Satınalma Niyetine Etkisi: Anadolu Üniversitesi Öğretim Elemanlarına Yönelik Bir Uygulama”. Journal of Yasar University, 9(35), 6099-6260.
- Robinson, S.R., Irmak, Ç. ve Jayachandran, S. (2012). “Choice of Cause in Cause-Related Marketing”. Journal of Marketing, 76(4), 126-139.
- Solomon, M., Bamossy, G., Askegaard, S. ve Hogg, M.K. (2006). Consumer Behaviour - A European Perspective. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall Inc., USA.
- Warrington, P. ve Shim, S. (2000). “An Empirical Investigation of The Relationship Between Product Involvement and Brand Commitment”. Psychology & Marketing, 17, 761-782.
- Westberg, K.J. (2004). The Impact of Cause-Related Marketing on Consumer Attitude to the Brand and Purchace Intention: A Comparison with Sponsorship and Sales Promotion (PhD Thesis, Griffith University, Australia).
- Xiaoli, N. ve Heo, K. (2007). “Consumer Responses To Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives: Examining the Role of Brand-Cause Fit in Cause-Related Marketing”. Journal of Advertising, 36(2), 63-74.
- Zaichkowsky, J.L. (2012). Consumer Involvement: Review, Update, and Links to Decision Neuroscience. Handbook of Developments in Consumer Behaviour (Chapter 14). Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zdravkovic, S., Magnusson, P. ve Stanley, S.M. (2010). “Dimensions of Fit Between A Brand and A Social Cause and Their İnfluence on Attitudes”. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 27(2), 151-160.
- URL 1: http://www.kizilay.org.tr/Haber/HaberDetay/1818, 14.10.2017.