The effect of logistics performance on marketing performance and customer satisfaction: A research on manufacturing companies
- Lojistik Performans,
- Pazarlama Performansı,
- Müşteri Memnuniyeti,
- Yapısal Eşitlik Modeli
- Logistics Performance,
- Marketing Performance,
- Customer Satisfaction,
- Structural Equation Model
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Buket Özoğlu- Mustafa Burak Erdemir
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Globalization and increasing foreign trade activities have given the logistics sector strategic importance. This importance has led to developments that positively affect the costs and services of manufacturing companies. Therefore, evaluating the logistics performance of the logistics service providers (LSPs) on the marketing performance of LSPs and customer satisfaction of manufacturing companies is crucial in terms of both the country's economy and the competitiveness of the businesses. This study aims to determine the effect of logistics performance on LSPs' marketing performance of LSPs and the customer satisfaction of manufacturing companies. Four hundred data were obtained from manufacturing companies outsourcing logistics through the face-to-face survey method. A structural equation model was used in the study, and analyzes were conducted with SPSS and AMOS statistical programs. As a result, it was found that logistics performance directly affects marketing performance with a value of 0.75 and customer satisfaction with 0.38. Also, it has been determined that marketing performance has a partial mediating effect on the relationship between logistics performance and customer satisfaction.
- Akdoğan, M. Ş., & Durak, A. (2016). Logistic and Marketing Performances of Logistics Companies: A Comparison between Germany and Turkey. In: Proceedings of the 12th International Strategic Management Conference. Antalya: Turkey.
- Altunışık, R., Coşkun, R., Bayraktaroğlu, S., & Yıldırım, E. (2007). Sosyal Bilimlerde Araştırma Yöntemleri: SPSS Uygulamalı. (Geliştirilmiş 5.Baskı). Adapazarı: Sakarya Yayıncılık.
- Ambler, T. Kokkinaki, F., & Puntoni, S. (2004). Assessing Marketing Performance: Reasons for Metrics Selection. Journal of Marketing Management, 20(3-4), 475-498, DOI: 10.1362/026725704323080506.
- Bozacı, İ. (2014). Müşteri Güçlendirme ile Pazarlama Performansı İlişkisi: Mobilya Sektörüne Yönelik Bir Uygulama (Doktora tezi). Kırıkkale Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Kırıkkale.
- Daugherty, P. J., Chen, H., Mattioda, D. D., & Grawe, S. J. (2009). Marketing/Logistics Relationships: Influence on Capabilities and Performance. Journal of Business Logistics, 30(1), 1-18.
- Demirer, Ö., & Bülbül, H. (2014). Kamu ve Özel Hastanelerde Hizmet Kalitesi, Hasta Tatmini ve Tercihi Arasındaki İlişki: Karşılaştırmalı Bir Analiz. Amme İdaresi Dergisi, 47(2), 95–119.
- Doney, P., & Cannon, J. (1997). An Examination of the Nature of Trust in Buyer-Seller Relationships. Journal of Marketing, 61(2), 35-51. doi:10.2307/1251829
- Ellinger, A. E., Daugherty, P. J., & Keller, S. B. (2000). The Relationship Between Marketing/Logistics Interdepartmental Integration and Performance in US Manufacturing Firms: An Empirical Study. Journal of Business Logistics, 21(1), 1-22.
- Fabbe‐Costes, N., & Jahre, M. (2007). Supply Chain Integration Improves Performance: The Emperor's New Suit? International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 37(10), 835-855.
- Fawcett, S. E., Stanley, L. L., & Smith, S. R. (1997). Developing a Logistics Capability to Improve The Performance of International Operations. Journal of Business Logistics, 18(2), 101-127.
- Fugate, B. S., Mentzer, J. T., & Stank, T. P. (2010). Logistics Performance: Efficiency, Effectiveness and Differentiation. Journal of Business Logistics, 31 (1), 43-62.
- Gimenez, C., & Ventura, E. (2005). Logistics‐Production, Logistics‐Marketing and External integration: Their Impact on Performance. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 25(1), 231-249.
- Green, Jr K. W., Whitten, D., & Inman, R. A. (2008). The Impact of Logistics Performance on Organizational Performance in a Supply Chain Context. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 13(4), 317-327.
- Grønholdt, L., & Martensen, A. (2006). Key Marketing Performance Measures. The Marketing Review, 6(3), 243-252.
- Gürbüz, E., & Demirer, Ö. (2018). Rekabetçi Öncelikler ve Firma Performansı Üzerinde İleri İmalat Teknolojilerinin Aracılık Etkisi. Hitit Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, 11(3), 1681-1699. DOI: 10.17218/hititsosbil.482932
- Hacıoğlu, G., & Gök, O. (2013). Marketing Performance Measurement: Marketing Metrics in Turkish Firms. Journal of Business Economics and Management, 14(1), 413-432.
- Ilic, D. & Tesic, A. (2016). The Relationship Between Supply Chain Management Strategy, Marketing, Logistics and Company Performance for Breweries in Serbia. Economics of Agriculture, 63(4), 1157-1168.
- Leuschner, R., Lambert, D. M., & Knemeyer, A. M. (2012). Logistics Performance, Customer Satisfaction, and Share of Business: A Comparison of Primary and Secondary Suppliers. Journal of Business Logistics, 33(3), 210-226.
- Li, L. (2011). Assessing The Relational Benefits of Logistics Services Perceived by Manufacturers in Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 132(1), 58-67.
- Ltifi, M., & Gharbi, J. (2015). The Effect of Logistics Performance in Retail Store on The Happiness and Satisfaction of Consumers. Proced. Econ. Financ. (Elsevier) 23, 1347–1353.
- Marr, B., & Schiuma, G. (2003). Business Performance Measurement – Past, Present and Future. Management Decision, 41(8), 680-687.
- Morash, E. A., Dröge, C., & Shawnee, K. V. (1996). Boundary Spanning Interfaces between Logistics, Production, Marketing and New Product Development. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Special Issue on Interfunctional Coordination of Logistics with Other Business Functions, 26(8), 43-62.
- Nakip, M. (2006). Pazarlama Araştırmaları: Teknikler ve (SPSS Destekli) Uygulamalar. 2. Baskı, Ankara: Seçkin Yayıncılık.
- Özoğlu, B., & Bülbül, H. (2017). İçgüdüsel Satın Alma ve Demografik Özellikler ile İlişkisi: Teknoloji ve Giyim Ürünlerinde Karşılaştırmalı Bir Analiz. Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi, 22(3), 769-783. https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/sduiibfd/issue/52994/704155
- Özoğlu, B., & Büyükkeklik, A. (2017). An Analysis of Third Party Logistics' Performance and Customer Loyalty. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 9(6), 55-67.
- Qadir, I., & Amjad, A. (2017). Importance of Logistics Processes for Customer Service and Firm Performance: Evidence from Furniture Industry of Pakistan. Management. Journal of Sustainable Business and Management Solutions in Emerging Economies, 22(3), 27-36.
- Schermelleh-Engel, K., Moosbrugger, H., & Müler, H. (2003). Evaluating the Fit of Structural Equation Models: Tests of Significance and Descriptive Goodness-of-Fit Measures. Methods of Psychological Research Online, 8(2), 23–74.
- Sezen, B. (2005). The Role of Logistics in Linking Operations and Marketing and Influences on Business Performance. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 18(3), 350-356. https://doi.org/10.1108/17410390510592012.
- Sobel testi web sitesi http://quantpsy.org/sobel/sobel.htm
- Stank, T. P., Daugherty, P. J., & Ellinger, A. E. (1999). Marketing/Logistics Integration and Firm Performance. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 10(1), 11-24.
- Tabachnick, B. G., & Fidell, L. S. (2013). Using Multivariate Statistics, (6th ed). Boston: Pearson.
- Vallet-Bellmunt, T., & Rivera-Torres, P. (2018). The Relationship Between Logistics and Marketing Performance in the Supply Chain. Different Paths for Manufacturers and Distributors. Universia Business Review, 60, 90-135. DOI: 10.3232/UBR.2018.V15.N4.03.
- Xiong, B., Skitmore, M., & Xia, B. (2015). A Critical Review of Structural Equation Modeling Applications in Construction Research. Automation in Construction, 49, 59–70.